Best Moisture Resistant Protein Pellet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Moisture Resistant Protein Pellet

Fought clogged tubes several times last year. We used the 20% from Mummes...but it sure seemed to suck up the moisture.

Looking for a better option cause I usually don't go to lease but once every 4-6 weeks in the off season.
    Last edited by Traildust; 01-24-2017, 02:21 PM.

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Fought clogged tubes several times last year. We used the 20% from Mummes...but it sure seemed to suck up the moisture.

Looking for a better option cause I usually don't go to lease but once every 4-6 in the office season.
    Don't take this the wrong way but, have you thought about the design of your feed tube? Maybe the angle of the tube's opening is wrong?

I've used Big Horn free choice feeders and All Seasons Feeders' little 4-way head and I've never had to clean one out, regardless of whic feed I use. I've built several tubes and I model them after the Big Horn. FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
      Don't take this the wrong way but, have you thought about the design of your feed tube? Maybe the angle of the tube's opening is wrong?

I've used Big Horn free choice feeders and All Seasons Feeders' little 4-way head and I've never had to clean one out, regardless of whic feed I use. I've built several tubes and I model them after the Big Horn. FWIW
      Maybe....these are Krivoman 1000#. We have 3 of them. I don't recall anyone having issues with his designs. We started using mummes protein last year. ...that's when we started having problems. It was a wet years though

Comment

I use AntlerMax with Water Shield. Seems to work well. I was using the regular AntlerMax and it would clog up after a few good rains. So far the Water Shield has worked well. Seems to last longer on the ground too when it spills.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Maybe....these are Krivoman 1000#. We have 3 of them. I don't recall anyone having issues with his designs. We started using mummes protein last year. ...that's when we started having problems. It was a wet years though
          Well, I've never had problems with my Krivoman either. Never used Mumme's but it sounds like you've identified your problem. I've used Ful-O-Pep, Purina, L&E and MG with no issues.

Comment

all proteins will expand when moisture hits it....

Comment

Sounds more of a lack of steady consumption issue than a feed type or feeder issue.

Comment

I have fed Mummies pellets in the past and never had an issue with clogged spouts. Probably just a coincidence. I recommend spending a little more money and get a pellet with the mineral pack.

Comment

Never had any issues with my Krivoman either. Fed a several different brands of feed in it.

Comment

No such thing as moisture resistant pellets ...no matter what they advertise...I've tried them all and all turn to mud when in contact with moisture.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Tube design is your problem. We have few people on our lease with the cheap protein feeders and theirs are always clogged after heavy rains.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                        Sounds more of a lack of steady consumption issue than a feed type or feeder issue.
                        You may be on to something here. My feed never sits in the tube long enough to swell if it were to get wet. Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                          I have fed Mummies pellets in the past and never had an issue with clogged spouts. Probably just a coincidence. I recommend spending a little more money and get a pellet with the mineral pack.
                          Think we will try the Antler Max water resistant stuff. It was just one of our feeders that was set out in a large open area. I know we had some sideways rain a couple times last year. Thinking back, I know we had some rain one time when the bags were sitting on the trailer. I remember pulling some wet clumps out while we were filling feeders. That may have been the issue since it only happened to the one feeder.

Comment

Working...
                          X