Shooting glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting glove

I need a good one. The cheapo Allen $5 special I have is great for bow fishing but not working as well as I like. A medium leather work glove is snug like I prefer when I'm working but not sure what size, what kind of leather/synthetic or brand is best. $20 to $25ish price range is fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I like my dura-glove from 3Rivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

American leathers from 3rivers are very nice, high quality glove, the dura-glove is also nice...im a tab guy but if I use a love its the American leathers big shot

Comment

I like the Berlin Deerskin Archery Shooting Glove from 3Rivers. It's a little above the price you mentioned but is a great glove. I don't care for the Dura Glove, it doesn't give me the string feel I like.

Comment

the Neet Suede glove is what I use and I like it a lot.

Ive tried other but keep coming back to the neet.

I sewed some Cordura to the fingers so that the leather doesnt get sticky on wet/humid days.

Attached Files

Comment

I have been using the Duraglove for about 5 years - well made and reasonably priced. I have three in the rotation to keep them broken in at the same level in case I lose one. They seem to run big size-wise. I wear a large in a work glove but the medium fits me perfect - I like them snug.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
              I like my dura-glove from 3Rivers

This is what I use too. I'm happy with it.

Comment

Thanx guys. I need to try tab shooting to see if it works better for me. But I looked at this glove online today when I was ordering some feathers and almost bought it.
                Kustom King Traditional Archery, your kingdom for all things traditional archery with a wide selection fo bow and arrow traditional archery supplies, archery gear, and archery equipment. Traditional bows and arrows for sale.

Comment

tried tabs, were not for me, I had a dura glove, but it wore out after two seasons. I am now shooting a Bear Paw from Lost Nation archery, but the Berlin Deer Skin is a quality Glove as well.

Comment

I'm with you on the $5 Allen. I own one and shot with it for about a month before I hated it and went to a calf hair tab.

Find one you like brother and get back out there to drop some of those elusive does!

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Thanx guys. I need to try tab shooting to see if it works better for me. But I looked at this glove online today when I was ordering some feathers and almost bought it.
                      http://www.kustomkingarchery.com/Bea...ductinfo/4732/

On the tab, be patient with it, give it at least a month of trial an error, it's feels much different from the glove, but once you're comfortable and fluid with it you'll never go back to a glove, I have the Bateman Cordovan tab and the Fred eichler tab as a back up, i think you would enjoy both, a simple calf hair tab is great for a starter tab also

Comment

I resisted going from a glove to a tab for several years becasue I thought the glove was more convenient for hunting, but the gloves all seemed to develop a groove where the string wears on them and it always became harder to get a smooth release. I finally forced myself to make the switch. Best thing I could have ever done to improve my release and accuracy. Side benefit is they will last nearly forever. I have a Fred Eichler tab, a Black Widow tab and Bateman tab that are three under. When I was shooting split finger, I used a Cavalier Cordovan tab.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                        X