No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at putting up some type of fence around the feeders to help keep the hogs off of the corn. Would the 34 inch high hog panels be enough or should we go with the 50 inch tall ones? Always just did a small fence for cattle before out of left over rolls of mesh and barb. Never had to worry about hogs.

Comment

I say 34, but will the bears destroy that too?

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
        Looking at putting up some type of fence around the feeders to help keep the hogs off of the corn. Would the 34 inch high hog panels be enough or should we go with the 50 inch tall ones? Always just did a small fence for cattle before out of left over rolls of mesh and barb. Never had to worry about hogs.

The 34" panels should be sufficient. That's what I'll be doing in the next few weeks for my daughter's hanging feeder.

As for the Bears, I don't think that they will mess with the panels.

Comment

Here are a couple on the hit list that showed up last week. What do yall think they will score?

Comment

Here is another pic

Comment

Guns up that's some nice bucks. I'm going to rotate cameras and put them in some new locations so hopefully have some pictures to share.

Comment

Blue dots are where I have feeders any suggestions where to put cameras away from them to try and catch deer traveling.

Comment

Most of our deer photos with the exception of a small buck and doe, have been away from the feeders on the logging road cuts. Once the bear and hogs find the feeder we get no more deer coming to them. Last time out we did put out some protein blocks and rice bran in the cuts were we were getting a few picture without a feeder in the area. Hope when I make it up at the end of the month we have more deer photos on those cameras. May have to turn off the feeder and move the pipe feeder to make the hogs move on.

Last edited by B G; 08-15-2015, 12:14 AM.

Comment

We usually pour a sack of corn on the ground and can get a good idea of what's in the area. I don't plan on hunting the feeders because from our experience once the velvet sheds and the acorns drop the deer don't come to the feeders anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                      We usually pour a sack of corn on the ground and can get a good idea of what's in the area. I don't plan on hunting the feeders because from our experience once the velvet sheds and the acorns drop the deer don't come to the feeders anymore.

I'll be setting up two feeders for my kids hoping to get some late season does coming in once the other food sources begin to dry up.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                        I'll be setting up two feeders for my kids hoping to get some late season does coming in once the other food sources begin to dry up.
                        Camera pictures from last year showed the more mature bucks started hitting the feeders again around Christmas time, so if I haven't had any success by then I may be moving back to the feeders.

Comment

One creek goes through the side of our place. We can't be hunting far from each other

Comment

Picked up the cable and hardware I need to get my youngest daughter's feeder out of the reach of Yogi...the destructive bastage.

Comment

Pictures to come soon. Some good pictures! Bears are everywhere! They are thick down on one creek. I'm not going to hunt them but my dad is. I don't want anything to do with them wish they would go away, they didn't get any of our feeders but did a couple other lease members. They are even getting our hand corn and took out a couple of cameras but luckily didn't destroy them and we're left laying on the ground.

Comment

Q, can you hook a brother up with an update on Mr. X-mas and the other bruisers cruising the Ponderosa?

Comment

Working...
                                X