No announcement yet.

HELP! Matthews, Hoyt, or PSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't ask it but he says he is going to be in the market for a new bow. And the best advise is shoot as many as you can, then narrow it down from there. If you are shooting an older bow you will be amazed at the new ones. Take your time and one bow should stand out as the one that feels best to you. Don't narrow it down to just a few until after shooting them all. Good luck let us now what you get.

Comment

Mathews

Comment

I am possibly stating something already posted but here's MO. A few years ago when we got on a deer lease with limited tags, I mentioned that I was going to start bow hunting again. Well my hunting buddy went and bought a matthews z7x and I went out and bought a hoyt crx32 . I have shot his and he has shot mine. we both agree that both bows are very fine tuned killing machines so its really a personal choice. Go shoot both and you decide.
        Matthews and Hoyt owners alike will argue their brand is better but to judge you have to go shop. Decide the bow in several brands you can afford and then go shoot them. Some have a smoother draw some have a real firm back wall. see what feels more natural and comfortable for YOU. I hunted with my CRX32 for 3 seasons and have never had to change a thing. Dead on. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Mathews-Yeti
          Hoyt-Brute
          PSE-Coleman

Clear?

Comment

Hoyt over the other two no question.

Comment

See how passionate we bow hunters are about our brands.
              That says it all. Each of us find the one that feels and performs best for us. As advised above, shop and shoot around. Then you'll be going Matthews! or Hoyt! or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by dirt dauber View Post
                See how passionate we bow hunters are about our brands.
                That says it all. Each of us find the one that feels and performs best for us. As advised above, shop and shoot around. Then you'll be going Matthews! or Hoyt! or whatever.
                I agree 100%

I started with an alpine, then a martin cheetah, and then got a hoyt maxxis. I was hooked on hoyt. Bought a hoyt vector, but got a chance to shoot a mathews chill... I love the chill more than all the other bows combined.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                  I agree 100%

I started with an alpine, then a martin cheetah, and then got a hoyt maxxis. I was hooked on hoyt. Bought a hoyt vector, but got a chance to shoot a mathews chill... I love the chill more than all the other bows combined.

Ive shot several different brands, havent shot one that i didnt like. Just some i liked more than others. Only thing id add is try other brands too. Look at elite, obsession, new breed, athens, and strother too

Comment

I would go with Mathews,Hoyt ,then PSE out of those three!I have owned all three over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe View Post
                      Probably be said over and over again but get to a good shop and shoot as many as you can. Don't get caught up on a specific brand, let the bow pick you. You should know when you find it.
                      Yep

Comment

Originally posted by mcb4 View Post
                        ^^^best advice you will get right there!

That being said i like mathews
                        ^^^x100

Comment

Elite

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe View Post
                            Probably be said over and over again but get to a good shop and shoot as many as you can. Don't get caught up on a specific brand, let the bow pick you. You should know when you find it.
                            ^^^^ Thats what I did and came out with the assassin

Comment

Check out the new obsession bows. I've been a Mathews man forever and I just bought a obsession evoloution. This is a VERY sweet shooting bow.

Comment

Neither, go elite. Elite energy

Comment

Working...
                                X