Testing the Waters: Photography Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing the Waters: Photography Contest

With everyone stepping up in the digital camera market I thought it might be fun if we had a monthly photo contest. I have ran it past Michael and before we proceed to work out the logistics of it thought we might should check and see how many would participate. If it is just 6 or 8 that express interest I think it would be a waste of someone's time.

What I am thinking is we have a different topic every month and each participant submits their 2 best pictures. There is no reward other than bragging rights and maybe some education for us beginners. Pictures would be judged by someone outside this bowhunting tortilla.

What do yall think?
    Last edited by Jaspro; 04-15-2008, 06:45 PM.

I like it! I'm ready.

Comment

And if anyone has any ideas throw them out there also.

Comment

Im in.....just STARTING to figure out the new D40X....Were about to buy a new lens so I need all the advice I can get.

Comment

Can I take pictures with my soaked pocket camera... Of course they all contain this watery type image that no one can really tell what it is, but if you like the weird looking photos, or are on drugs, it might be cool to you

Great idea Jason, look forward to seeing the pictures!
          Jeff Young

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
            the bowhunting tortilla.

What do yall think?

I wanna see this tortilla

I'd give a photo contest a try

DJ

Comment

Pefect way to get more pics posted for everyone to see. Im in.

Comment

I'm up for a photo contest........I know I can at least probably do better than Jason.......

Comment

I agree that you would have to get someone outside the bowhunting tortilla to judge but I bet it would not be easy to lure a judge in to spend time making the call on a bragging rights contest.

I like your spirit in this thing, but I can see more problems as well. For example, a guy with a $1600 2.8 lens could smoke a simple windmill shot simply because he has nicer gear.

Comment

i think it sounds like a great idea.

Comment

i'll give it a shot

Comment

Can we have a "cellphone pic" category?

Great idea Jason.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                          I agree that you would have to get someone outside the bowhunting tortilla to judge but I bet it would not be easy to lure a judge in to spend time making the call on a bragging rights contest.

I like your spirit in this thing, but I can see more problems as well. For example, a guy with a $1600 2.8 lens could smoke a simple windmill shot simply because he has nicer gear.
                          We will exclude windmill shots and campfire shots.

I have talked to Don about this as well and he has a couple of ideas about how to accomplish this.

You're right it may not be worth while but I think it would be alot of fun and if someone gets bent out of shape because someone with better equipment beat them then they aren't really into the spirit of the contest anyway. IMO

Comment

Make it so that Legdog and Don cant enter to keep things even.
                            I like Chews idea as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                              You're right it may not be worth while but I think it would be alot of fun and if someone gets bent out of shape because someone with better equipment beat them then they aren't really into the spirit of the contest anyway. IMO
                              Yep, I would agree with that, it's just for fun...
                              Jeff Young

Comment

Working...
                              X