what do you with your brisket juice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you with your brisket juice?

what do yall do with your brisket juice? i put mine the fridge and let cool then separate the fat. freeze and use as an injection for my next brisket. I also use some in my BBQ sauce as well, makes a big diffrence. any other ideas? yall have a great 4th !!

Spread over the pups dog food can't leave the best friend begging! Plus makes for a shinny coat!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Spread over the pups dog food can't leave the best friend begging! Plus makes for a shinny coat!
      Same here.... They love it

Comment

I haven't thought about this before. THinking about it I wonder how it would work if you chilled it overnight, seperated the fat, reheated it and used it as an au juis type dipping sauce for those second day brisket sandwiches. Could call it a Texas Dip instead of a french dip.

Comment

Refrigerate the leftovers in the juice to keep the meat from drying out.

Comment

Originally posted by CMeyer View Post
            I haven't thought about this before. THinking about it I wonder how it would work if you chilled it overnight, seperated the fat, reheated it and used it as an au juis type dipping sauce for those second day brisket sandwiches. Could call it a Texas Dip instead of a french dip.
            I've thought about doing that as well... may have to the next time around.

Comment

Drink it . Na usualy make gravy with it.

Comment

if you have a good amount, throw some veggies in to cook with it...tater pieces, carrots....hmmmmm...just like you would a roast in the oven....

Comment

I put it in the leftovers to keep from drying out.

Comment

I slice my brisket after trimming the fat away and then I take the juice and pour it over the sliced brisket.The meat really absorbs a lot of the juice giving it a really good flavor.

Comment

Makes a good Tequila chaser.

Comment

We took the juice that we were going to inject the brisket with and with what was left, poured into our bloody marys the next morning..... out of 26 entries, we got 1, 3,5,6

guess it was good juice

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                          Makes a good Tequila chaser.
                          after a case of beer for me........

Comment

Never had any left over because I dont cook in a pan or in foil. Maybe something to look into, but I like the taste of brisket cooked directly on the grill better than one cooked wrapped in foil.

Food for thought I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                              Refrigerate the leftovers in the juice to keep the meat from drying out.
                              yep, or freeze in the juice

Comment

Working...
                              X