Anybody throw anything different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody throw anything different than corn or pea gravel out of their feeders? I have put out food plots, about to start filling protein feeders filled again, and was just wondering if anybody had something different in their spin feeders. Also, do you turn your corn off when you start the protein?

I'm spinning a roasted soybean / corn mix....comes out to 16% protein. Deer will GOBBLE it up!

Its $11/50lb bag.
    Last edited by unclefish; 12-07-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I overlap my corn feeders with my protein feeding from jan to march and the again from sept to nov. After deer season closes I do turn down the corn feeders quite a bit. Just a little snack for them because I want them to eat the protein. I just went around to all of my feed pens(22 total) this weekend and some still have protein in them.
      Last edited by rtp; 12-08-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Antlermax w water shield throws pretty good out of spin feeder. Doesn't swell up from moisture like other protein....my deer are antlermax dopeheads! Its the only protein theyll eat...without reservation

Comment

The deer on my place have not hit the corn much this yr. With all the acorns and with the food plots they are not to interested in the corn. I will throw out a little hand corn in front of the stands that overlook food plots, hoping to slow a big buck down, but not much interest in that so far as the bucks are still checking out the does on my place. And not to interested in eating

Comment

I tried the roasted soybeans without much luck. Same with black-eyed-peas.
            And I throw corn year round on a few feeders but mainly for hogs.

Comment

Don't want to high jack this thread but was thinking about running peas or soy beans throughmy corn feeders this next year. Does anybody know where I can get some in San antonio or Pleasanton area?

Comment

We use corn and peas in our spin feeders all year around. We run protien from Jan-Sept or when they run out. The corn and pea mixture comes out to about 16 percent protien. The deer really love it. We get the peas from Mumme's in Pearsall and mix it ourselves. There are other locations for Mumme's around San Antonio.

Comment

Do you mix the corn beans 50/50?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    I'm spinning a roasted soybean / corn mix....comes out to 16% protein. Deer will GOBBLE it up!

Its $11/50lb bag.
                    Where do you find the roasted soybeans near Houston? I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X