Not getting better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    If going after an antelope, I would probably find a shop and have them tune it and get that confidence back. Going to be tough to get within 20 yards of a goat....
    The guys that did the restring were too busy to get two it for two weeks. Not going back there. Is there a good bow shop on Amarillo?

Comment

If you're going thru Clovis, stop by Elite Archery and talk to Chuck.
      Tell him Wes sent you

Comment

I sure would but we are headed to Amarillo and then north from there.

Comment

Good luck on your hunt man. If you see any shop stop in and see if they can help if you have time. If not, keep practicing maybe you can figure it out.

Comment

Sting settling is more likely the issue. It takes 200-300 for them to settle then retune. The retune is required after the string settles.
            Roy

Comment

definitely think its ur anchor or the position of ur hand on the bow causing torque

Comment

just have to shoot alot too to work on the string and just muscle memory

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                  I shot more this morning and focused on some of the form tips. Even though the bow it sighted in at 10-20, to the best of my ability at least, it still seems to be shooting erratic at 30 plus. I am almost sure it is a tuning problem or a problem with the arrow rest.

I'm going to work on tuning it some more. Headed to NM tomorrow to try and arrow an antelope and I wish I had more confidence. I should have time around camp to work on this. Maybe I can get it figured out before Saturday.
                  I don't know where you are hunting or when you are coming through town but if you are coming through Clovis, PM me and I can put you in touch with Tyler. He sets up all our bows and is an amazing bow tech. He fixes lots of issues on bows that come from other shops in town.

Anthony

Comment

If your groups get larger at the longer distances, it sounda more like a shaft problem. Even field point groups will expand at longer distances if the shaft is weak. With a stiff shaft the arrows should still group but not hit the same with broadheads.
                    Go see Javi Clause or come to Orange.

Comment

Working...
                    X