Trad Elk Hunt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Elk Hunt???

I keep seeing folks talking about elk hunting. Would there be any interest in doing a trad elk hunt? I have been invited to do another hunt in SW Colorado this year with a couple buddies, but I think a trad hunt would be awesome.

I am just talking about an OTC Colorado tag. Nothing crazy, and just about anyone can afford it if we get it planned right.

What kind of hunt would folks like to do? Truck camping? Spike camping? Bivy hunt with everything on our backs??? I can do any of the above. I have only shot a couple cow elk, so I'm good with whatever. I usually hunt only wilderness areas, and I am always in elk, but it isn't easy hunting by any means.

Just throwing stuff out there, I don't care how we do it. I just love seeing the quakies in Sept and hearing elk fire off in the middle of the night.

It sounds interesting, but I have already committed to another big hunt this year.

Comment

I couldn't get it done this year but maybe next year.

What's a ballpark figure someone would be looking at for such a hunt?

Comment

Very interested. I'll be following this thread. How much are the otc tags and license for a non resident? My quinn stallion ia ready willing and able, assuming I can pull it off financially.

Comment

A friend and I have been seriously discussing this considering finding a lease is harder than finding hens teeth. I think it would be a heck of alot more fun than an annual lease too.

Comment

I started this over on the Leatherwall looks like about 6 or 7 are going so far

Comment

You can do this hunt for under $1,500. If you ride 3-4 to the vehicle it cuts the fuel cost way down. I went last year and spent a little over a grand with two other guys.
              OTC tag and license is right at $600

Comment

I have been DIY bow hunting CO for 18 years. Started with a backpack and bow. We now take mules and pack in. If you are going very fare in take pack animals. They get really big and heavy when you get one down. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                  You can do this hunt for under $1,500. If you ride 3-4 to the vehicle it cuts the fuel cost way down. I went last year and spent a little over a grand with two other guys.
                  OTC tag and license is right at $600
                  Thanks! Not this year but I think I could pull it off in 2015.

Comment

Working...
                  X