Mathews Drenaline - Noise/Squeak issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews Drenaline - Noise/Squeak issue

I bought a new Drenaline 3-4 years ago, and have had an apparent problem with it ever since. It shoots great, and I love the weight, BUT the first time I draw it back (each time I shoot it), it makes a squeaking noise. I think it is the top cam or cable spacers that rub on the upper limb, but I really have no clue.

I brought it in to Bow Zone about a year after I had it and they greased it up for me. The noise came back after about 6 months. It isn't the end of the world, but it is certainly enough noise to spook a deer. I have gotten used to pulling it back a few times before I get in the stand, so that I can avoid the "first pull" noise. I find it super frustrating that I have to put up with this on such a high end piece of equipment.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I being unreasonable to complain about this on an $800 bow?

Dont know what they call them, but the piece where the cable meets the axle.

Comment

Mine did it a few times when it was new. I haven't heard it since.

But I always take a couple shots when I get to where ever it is I am hunting anyway so......No worries here.

Comment

i would be upset if mine did that. I shoot an older Mathews outback and have never had any probs with it. Its all I need.

Comment

I had an outback stolen in Houston and replaced it with this drenalin. The outback is a super nice rig.

You're right, it is the small black "swivel clip spacers" that make the rubbing noise. I have refused to put any lube on it for fear that it would stink in the deer stand.

I'm hoping someone has a permanent fix, otherwise I will just continue to draw it back before I climb into the stand each hunt.

Comment

I would take it to a pro shop and have them look at it. I have been shooting the Drenalin since it came out and I have never had a squeaking noise out of mine. The axle bushing could be bad or a bad axle pin. Take it to a good Mathews dealer and they will get you fixed up.

Comment

You don't need to lube it. It is what Mathews calls the "QCC". Sometimes mine would squeak or make this "pluck" sound. Check this link out. I sanded the back side of my QCC's down and it is quiet as a church mouse now. You have to have a bow press to do this.

Comment

As much as I hate to agree with an aggie, I think Toby has it correct, take it to a good bow shop and have them look at it, Mathews should be good on the warrenty.

Comment

my bows had the same issue and here was my find and fix. if you have a press, press the bow and remove the black plastic yoke mounts for the buss cable from the top axle. take some sand paper and scuff up the side of those plastic mounts where it contacts the limb. the flex in the limb when drawing the bow over time will polish the plastic and the smoothed plastic surface is whats squeaking against the limb.

Comment

QCC need to serviced. Take it to your dealer. Removing a bit of material from the back will fix.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I will get with my local shop this week.

Comment

Working...
                      X