Can anyone help me out with old photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help me out with old photos?

We were sitting out on swing out in the country and noticed this piece of old film buried in the dirt. Theres cows, houses, barns, and even an old car/truck in it. Would love to see it blown up or with better detail. Dont know if it is at all even possible. I posted a .jpeg of it just for reference. We have no idea who how or what is on it or how it was buried at the base of the old oak tree. If anyone can help me out it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also any way to date the type of film...its REAL thick...not sure what type of camera used it. It cant be too old because of the car/truck....but it would be pretty cool if we could find out more aboutit.

THANKS yall!!!
    Attached Files

From the pic, it appears to be 35mm strips. Are there about 5 frames per strip? Can you gently peel the strips apart without them sticking to one another?

They should be numbered in sequence on the edge of the film between the little cog squares. 1-1A-2-2A and so forth. Also, between the frame numbers should be the type of film. From the pic it appears to be B&W????

If you can get them apart easily without destroying them (or if you can't) and if still interested, take them to a local photography shop and have them scanned in large format. That'll give you digital images of each you can then view/manipulate and go from there.

I'm curious of the contents as well. Buried at a tree? Secret treasure maps? Keep us in the loop for what happens!

Comment

Its 5 pics and numbered...just like what you mentioned. Definately black and white. Theres nothing that peels apart. Its only one strip. Didnt know if anyone here had the fancy equipment to do it. Looks like I will have to be photo shop bound.

Comment

Working...
      X