Fixed crawl - what am I doing wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed crawl - what am I doing wrong

I've shot fixed crawl for a short while and did well with it but went back to gap shooting. Now I've tried to start shooting fixed crawl again but when I move my tab down the string it shoots higher and I do not know why. Previously if I went about 1 inch below the nock it would be at 10-12 yards (if I remember correctly), but now it shoots higher at the top of the target. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to move further down the string? Thanks

To string walk, you have to really nail your tune down good, or things will get crazy real fast,
    and the farther down the string you go, the crazier it will get.

I can't say for absolute sure, but I strongly suspect you are out of tune.
    Moving your fingers down the string is throwing it even more out of tune,
    which is putting it way out of tune.

You're getting an arrow bounce off the shelf/rest, which is causing the arrow to go high.

My best guess.

Rick

Comment

Something in your form has probably changed. Your anchor point might be different, your draw length might have shifted, you could be getting better (or worse) back tension. You could be gripping the bow tighter, or looser.

Alternatively, your bow/arrow has changed. Did you change strike plates? Fletching orientation? Replace the rest? Add lumenocks?

*Edited to add that Rick knows way more about this stuff than I do.*

Comment

There a video on this on YouTube it’s pretty good. It called The Push traditional archery pretty long video but worth the watch.

Comment

Its just not possible to hit higher as you move your fingers down the string unless something else is changing. Could be several things

Arrow bouncing off the shelf due to bad tune

Anchoring differently

Aiming differently (using the insert vs very tip of your point or placing it on the target differently)

Comment

A shorter arrow would do that changing sighting reference. A lower nock point would do that also causing the arrow to bounce more off the shelf like Rick said.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I have been changing a lot of stuff. I've been doing the Tom Clum and Joel Turner courses so nothing has been consistent. I'll just need to start back at square 1 haha.

Comment

Working...
              X