• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
    Iron will
    X2

Comment

They are what my Idaho guide recommended. I have 6 125 grain SS and only one has been shot. They shoot exactly like my field points. Will let all 6 go for $50 plus postage. Not planning to hunt Idaho again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Great heads, but leave 0 bloodtrail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        x2
        First head I ever used and have killed 10+ deer with them, but they do not come sharp out of the package. Great design and very strong, but very dull.

G5 Strilers are awesome.

Comment

A couple weeks ago, harvested 5x5 Elk with 100 gr Montec, pass through results, blood flowing both sides, out of package.

From sounds of others feedback, must have got sharp ones out of pack

Comment

My buddy killed his bull with montec
            I dont think it matters...if you double lung with a field point they will choke and die.. no difference

Comment

Blood trail from a sharp Montec on Wyoming bull. Have used since 2001 or so. Have always sharpened and it takes a few minutes. I have heard the dreaded no blood trail but have not experienced it myself on a good shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2297.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	24592952

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2300.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	24592953

Comment

I've shot tons of whitetail and elk with Montec's. With the Montec I wounded two elk, one with a poor shot and one great shot (or so I thought). Very little blood trail, never recovered them. Then the following year at my guides suggestion, I switched to Rage 2" cut and it has left great blood trails and two elk in the bag so far. Now I shoot the rage on everything. The broad head is the cheapest part of the hunt so I don't worry about reuse or not.

Comment

Penetration is great, but they don't leave a blood trail comparable to other heads. They are wonderful pig heads though! I have 2 in my quiver at all times for pigs and javis. They are very durable but come out of the box way too dull. I've been a Rage fanboy sense switching from Montecs. I'd be shooting a Hypodermic if I was on an elk hunt right now.

Comment

I have 6 SS 100gr Montecs if anyone is interested in a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've used Montecs before and didn't have any issues. I've never seen where someone had to sharpen them out of the pack. BUT, with that being said I only use Muzzy's now and I love those.

Comment

Working...
                      X