Kind of dumb question about Broadhead tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of dumb question about Broadhead tuning

I’m trying the iron will S100 fixed blades out. They are flying low and left at 30 yards. Usually my Rage trypans fly with my FP’s so this is my first time tuning broadheads.
    Question: do you guys start at 20 yards, get on target, and walk back when tuning your broadheads? Or, just start further out and move the sight? Seems like getting on at 20 should almost set the pins for longer distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t adjust sight pins to match BH’s. That will still leave the bow out of tune. BH’s hitting left, I’ll increase poundage or add weight to the arrow to make up for the stiff spine. BH’s impacting lower than FP’s, I move my arrow rest

Comment

Bare shaft tune out to 20 yards first then broadheads will be spot on with your field points. The IW heads have flown better for me than any broadhead I've shot.

Comment

We did bare shaft. Was shooting bullet holes in paper. That’s why I’m confused. I hear a bullet hole with a FP means broadheads will pretty much be same point of impact. My tech just told me to index the BH’s so that the blades are at the 12 and 6 position. Will try that.

Comment

Always adjust nock point first. Lower your nock point, or raise your rest to get height same. Sometimes this will correct both issues. If still left, move rest to right ever so slightly.

Comment

Start at 20 then walk back. I just got my bow shooting right with fixed blades, because they always shot low. This is what I did

Move the rest like you would a rifle scope... in your case move rest up in tiny increments and then right in tiny increments. If you run out of up like I did, you’ll have to move your nocking point, if the shop won’t do it. Then get some loop material and tie it your self a bit lower, it’s really not that hard with YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
              I’m trying the iron will S100 fixed blades out. They are flying low and left at 30 yards. Usually my Rage trypans fly with my FP’s so this is my first time tuning broadheads.
              Question: do you guys start at 20 yards, get on target, and walk back when tuning your broadheads? Or, just start further out and move the sight? Seems like getting on at 20 should almost set the pins for longer distances.

Move the rest to the right and up small increments until it hits point of aim.
              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-31-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                Always adjust nock point first. Lower your nock point, or raise your rest to get height same. Sometimes this will correct both issues. If still left, move rest to right ever so slightly.
                Pro level advice right here.

Comment

Working...
                X