Fred Bear videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred Bear videos

Today is my only day off for the next few weeks. I got to watch several Fred Bear interviews/hunting footage on YouTube.

Just dang incredible. Just couldn't think what it would be like to have 5mins to talk to that man. God bless him and rest his soul. Been gone almost 30yrs.

I can't even imagine what it would have been like to hunt like he did back in the 1940's.

Did y'all know he didn't start archery hunting until he was 29yrs old????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An amazing life and big success story. The American Dream!!

Comment

I re-watch every one on youtube about 2 times a year

Comment

I own most of his videos on dvd. I watch them often.

Comment

I own all of his videos on VHS.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
            I own all of his videos on VHS.

You still have a VHS player? I have a bunch of VHS movies just need a player.

Comment

Back in the 60's, in Alaska, we would go to the movie theater to see Fred Bear hunts on film. I'll never forget watching his polar bear hunt. The mount was the first thing I remember seeing at the Anchrage airport when we arrived. He is our father of what we do.

Comment

I've read his life/hunting biography several times. Never seen his videos but need to do so. Truly an amazing man and true pioneer with a bow and arrow. Amazing.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                  You still have a VHS player? I have a bunch of VHS movies just need a player.
                  2 but only one works.

Comment

I visited with Mr. Bear on several occasions at SHOT shows when I had my archery shop. To say he was interesting would be an under statement. Not only do I admire his accomplishments in the industry and in his personal hunting life but I admire the man. My shop wasn't a large enterprise like so many at the show but he never minded and treated everyone the same. He was not a braggart and never gave a hint that he was someone special. He seemed to never tire of talking hunting and bows and was interested in hearing other people talk hunting. I only wish I could have shared a campfire with the man and those that did were very fortunate people.
                    The last time I talked with him was just a few months before he passed. It was at the SHOT show in Los Vagus and he was in poor health. Even though he was on oxygen and weak he still wanted to talk and hear hunting stories.

RIP Mr. Bear, a great man.

JC

Comment

[QUOTE=Junkers88;11852359]I've read his life/hunting biography several times. Never seen his videos but need to do so. Truly an amazing man and true pioneer with a bow and arrow. Amazing.

Richard.[/QUOTE

YouTube is your friend, there's a bunch there.

Comment

I met him once at a LSBA banquet. I was in my mid twenties. I was so in awe I did not take the opportunity to speak to him as much as I could.

A few yrs later after he died and I matured a bit I made the decision to never let another chase like that pass. I have since met and spoken to many big name hunters and have found that they are very approachable and love to talk bowhunting just like we mere mortals.

Comment

Working...
                        X