Home building info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home building info.

Hey there, im looking to purchase a home. But also considering building. I know my questions are going to be hard to give a definite answer.

But if i was to purchase land around north houston (conroe, Montgomery, etc) and was looking to build a home that is similar in style to this below.. What might be a price i would pay per square foot etc. Or a ballpark price on what it would be to build

Things i want
    -Doesnt have to be all stone, but some.
    -most of the house are all stained concrete
    - granite counters.
    - around 1800 sq feet with a open floor plan. Only bedrooms seperate. Etc.

Also any builders someone could recommend that could build within 30 miles of houston?

Im new to this so bare with me.
    Attached Files

1 fiddy, to 2 fiddy, depending on a whole bunch of things.
    Glad I could nail that down for you .
    Good luck 👊

Comment

Not sure about that market, but if it were around me I’d say 215k-225k for the home and tack on say 40-50k for a 20 acre lot/plot if it’s in a nice spot, good hill for view, etc.

Comment

Thanks fellows keep it comming. Razrbk89 around these parts you would be lucky to get 2 acres for 40-50k ��

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Not sure about that market, but if it were around me I’d say 215k-225k for the home and tack on say 40-50k for a 20 acre lot/plot if it’s in a nice spot, good hill for view, etc.
          The house is probably close, but youre not getting anywhere near 40-50k for a 20 acre plot in texas. More like $80-200k depending on location.

Comment

And those homes are just the style im going for, doesnt have to be all stone. But some would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

20 acres for 40 k is not bad. Where is it selling for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                The house is probably close, but youre not getting anywhere near 40-50k for a 20 acre plot in texas. More like $80-200k depending on location.
                Im looking for 2-4 acres realistically

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
                  Im looking for 2-4 acres realistically
                  Doable, but youll probably still be drilling the well yourself.

Comment

I'd say your gonna pay $50k+ for a decent 2 acre tract in the area you mentioned. That home will cost around $250k in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      Doable, but youll probably still be drilling the well yourself.
                      Makes sense... whats the cost of that? Im new to this, so im trying to get ideas of costs... septic, water, power etc. granted im not moving to the boonies. But if i buy raw land ( cleared or not )

Comment

Any builders in this area? Any set up like that to keep it cheaper? Looking to spend 300k max ideally

Comment

I'm a builder here on Lake Fork and that's is $300 plus (actual cost to build not including contractor) with metal roof and depending which of those houses you pick. One with front porch and one with front and back.

Galvalume standing seam metal roof, stone work, stained concrete gonna shock you. Not to mention the interior that has to match that Hill Country style. I've built several very similar and I'll bet our prices here are less than in your area. Feel free to reach out with questions. Good luck.

Comment

Ill pm you asu..

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                              I'm a builder here on Lake Fork and that's is $300 plus (actual cost to build not including contractor) with metal roof and depending which of those houses you pick. One with front porch and one with front and back.

Galvalume standing seam metal roof, stone work, stained concrete gonna shock you. Not to mention the interior that has to match that Hill Country style. I've built several very similar and I'll bet our prices here are less than in your area. Feel free to reach out with questions. Good luck.
                              Doesnt have to be stone all the way. 1/4 up would be fine. Those are just examples of the style. Im open for other suggestions

Comment

Working...
                              X