Selling a vehicle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a vehicle question

Contemplating selling my 2017 Tundra SR5 4wd in a few months and curious what a realistic expectation is for it. It’s at 41k miles with a few Texas pin stripe scratches, a few smaller scratches through paint and some small dents here and there I think two. Obviously not show room, but in good condition. Also leveled with bigger tires. I have factory rims still so those would go with sale if buyer didn’t want aftermarket stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

no idea on value but a quick tip that could save you headaches down the road...

The plates on the truck belong to you...take them with you ..UNLESS you both go to the DMV and you witness the title transfer.......

I have been dealing with a "DB" that never transferred the title and has been blazing through every toll plaza in the state...and the bills are coming back to me....

Take it for what its worth

Comment

Look at KBB. It’s gonna be close

Comment

DM me the vin, and I can give you a real value.

Comment

Carmax and Carvana will give you a free offer and it might surprise you. I would use that as a minimum if selling privately.

Comment

www.givemethevin.com will give you a quote and $100 if they dont beat Carmax's offer.

"So easy you can do it in your underwear"

Comment

Just be prepared to spend all the gains you made selling to buy something else.

Losing proposition

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

The plates on the truck belong to you...take them with you ..UNLESS you both go to the DMV and you witness the title transfer.......

I have been dealing with a "DB" that never transferred the title and has been blazing through every toll plaza in the state...and the bills are coming back to me....

Listen to this man! Take your plates as well as your toll tag if you have one. Total PIA when the buyer jacks around about getting it transferred. All he/she needs is a bill of sale and they're good for 30 days. Friends of mine just went thru this!

Comment

Aware of all the LP stuff, thanks for the guidance though. I’ll look into Carmax and caravana. PM sent. I had dealer tell me they’d get $40-45k out of it within a few days of listing, without even looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I always take our cars to Carmax to get a base value before selling on the open market or trading in or selling to the dealership. When you go, clean everything out of your car and clean it up so it presents in the best possible way. After your Carmax offer, you have a baseline and you can look at the other options. For my wife's Jeep, we ended up selling it to a dealership (not where we bought her new car) and they gave us a great offer. Lots of these dealerships need inventory right now and the market is great.

Comment

Try Carvana.. they gave me way more than carmax and the other locations offered on my Tundra.

Comment

I used an online price quote from carmax to get the dealer to price match on my wife's ragged out accord late last year. Carmax never even looked at the car, but the dealership bit on it.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

Good advice here. I sold my wife's car to a guy here on TBH. He STILL, after like 3 years, has not changed the title I guess?
                          I get toll charges from him running tolls like every 6-months. I have messaged him multiple times, and he always says he will resolve it, but never has.
                          The toll road authority told me not to worry about it. Frustrating though.

Comment

Fill out and send in a Vehicle Transfer Notice to the state, after you sell it. I've had the same issue before but I do this transfer form from now on, then I'm covered.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              Fill out and send in a Vehicle Transfer Notice to the state, after you sell it. I've had the same issue before but I do this transfer form from now on, then I'm covered.
                              ^yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X