Kansas 2021 is soon to be here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas 2021 is soon to be here!

Drew another tag for 2021. Hunting units 8,9 in n north central Kansas. Weather is looking great fo the first 10 days I’ll be up. Maybe I won’t need that many, but I’ll burn them and some more if I have to! Anyone else going to kansas? Or anyone know the area and the typical rut there. I killed a 139 in the first week of November last year. Around the 5th I think. It was hot too. I had been there about 7 days. Didn’t seem like the rut got going good until the 7th or 8th. Trying the saddle style hunting this year so it’s gonna be burning boot leather and pushing into some thick stuff. Hopefully I find them in the bottoms and thick stuff and not put in the open areas running doe. Plan is to find the old mature guy that never leaves the thick stuff. We will see how long that plan lasts. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m heading up there early Thursday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
      I’m heading up there early Thursday morning.

Where ya hunting around?

Comment

Good luck. Some of the biggest bucks I’ve ever seen up there were in the wide open. When the rut is on, they don’t care where they’re at. I would always find a spot where I could overlook a CRP field. Be surprised how many bucks I’ve seen in those fields. If it’s a mature buck, hit the horns or grunt tube and bring him right to ya. Unless he’s already with a doe!!

Comment

Headed there tomorrow morning! Weather looks good next week.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Dad's headed up Monday and we are headed up the 5th-14th. Hoping for cooler weather than last year! Would have swore I was in Texas during bow season with how hot it was.

Comment

I’m headed up to McPherson 11/6 for the week. Weather looks good. Last year the wind was brutal. Looks much better so far. Have a couple of good ones on camera…always a great trip

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Where ya hunting around?

Hunting near Florence, on our family farm.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
                    I’m headed up to McPherson 11/6 for the week. Weather looks good. Last year the wind was brutal. Looks much better so far. Have a couple of good ones on camera…always a great trip
                    I used to work in McPherson. Do yourself a favor and have lunch in Lindsborg one day at the Ol Stuga. Best Reuben sandwich I’ve ever had, and it’s a great little beer joint.

Comment

Will do. Some pretty country up there and great people.

Comment

I live fifteen miles from Mac. Let me know if y’all need anything while y’all are here.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                          I live fifteen miles from Mac. Let me know if y’all need anything while y’all are here.

I need some private land with no pressure while I’m there. Got any of that?

Comment

Hope you time it right, good luck.

Comment

I’m headed up Tuesday or Wednesday depending on work and family. Will be there for a week. Weather is looking great this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X