Well mother nature wins again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well mother nature wins again.

The weather hit hard yesterday. After reading about the high potential of extreme bad weather. Then they changed it to 20%. We decided to go ahead and get some work done. We didnt get to tie the blinds down. We got em up though. We wanted to hunt so we went back took a shower and all heck broke loose.
    Well we got 120% of the bad weather yesterday about 6pm.

We had just the past two days put out 2 of my brand new hay ring blinds and replaced all the coroplast on 2 others. New windows in all. They all four were blown to pieces. We had 3 fiberglass high dollar blinds blown apart.

There were 6 telephone poles snapped in half 200 hundred yards from camp. We were in the trailer house and we were rocking. I am pretty sure a small tornado came right over the top of us. We were dang luck. I was watching out the front door and the wind was blowing in circles every direction at 70-80 mph for about 10 seconds. Crap was flying everywhere.

This was after a pasture fire a month ago that took out 2 blinds and another straight line wind
    Incident in June that took out 2 blinds.

The last two pictures from the game camera. 6:07 blind in back ground. 6:11 no blind.

Im tired!
    Attached Files

Sorry that happened bud. Where is this at?

Comment

Dang

Comment

****it! I hope all my crap is still where I left it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That stinks sorry for ya.

Comment

Dang. That stinks.

Mother Nature and Father Time are undefeated.

Comment

What a bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                The weather hit hard yesterday. After reading about the high potential of extreme bad weather. Then they changed it to 20%. We decided to go ahead and get some work done. We didnt get to tie the blinds down. We got em up though. We wanted to hunt so we went back took a shower and all heck broke loose.
                Well we got 120% of the bad weather yesterday about 6pm.

We had just the past two days put out 2 of my brand new hay ring blinds and replaced all the coroplast on 2 others. New windows in all. They all four were blown to pieces. We had 3 fiberglass high dollar blinds blown apart.

There were 6 telephone poles snapped in half 200 hundred yards from camp. We were in the trailer house and we were rocking. I am pretty sure a small tornado came right over the top of us. We were dang luck. I was watching out the front door and the wind was blowing in circles every direction at 70-80 mph for about 10 seconds. Crap was flying everywhere.

This was after a pasture fire a month ago that took out 2 blinds and another straight line wind
                Incident in June that took out 2 blinds.

The last two pictures from the game camera. 6:07 blind in back ground. 6:11 no blind.

Im tired!
                The deer in the right hand side of that last pic looks like he is running for his life!

Comment

That sucks, where was this?

Comment

Tornadoes ain’t fun, no matter the size ! Sorry your stuff was destroyed, but glad y’all made it out ok.

Comment

Wow, I was not there but Jeff and Mitch planted all of our plots, how much rain did you get ? Hope all of our stuff is still standing.

Comment

Man David that sucks. Sorry that happened. 1 step forward and 5 step backs it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad y'all are okay. Sounds like it could have been much worse if it was 200 yards closer to camp. If it snapped those poles, it would have demolished the trailer you were in. Amazing how fast it can happen.

Comment

snapped telephone poles? that is some wind.

Comment

Dang

Comment

Working...
                              X