Archery Yard Art....The Missouri Spinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Yard Art....The Missouri Spinner

Several months ago my wife and I were driving thru the small town of Washington, Iowa. My wife suddenly said...."Did you see that"?? "Stop....stop...turn around". I had caught a glimpse of something shiny turning in the breeze, but I was not sure of what I had seen. We turned around and went back by the house. We were amazed by the windmill like structure that we saw. It was on a fairly busy street with no place to pull over. We drove by several times and my wife said "We have to have one of those".

We researched it online, but we could not find anything like it. My wife and I made a trip back to Washington a couple of weeks later. My wife went to the house where we saw it and knocked on the door and asked where it came from. The owners were very nice and said several people have stopped and asked about the windvane. We found that they are called Missouri Spinners and are hand crafted one by one in Lebanon, Missouri. My wife contacted Chris at Windward Studios and placed an order.

Our Missouri Spinner was delivered yesterday. Chris and his Dad delivered it to our farm and set it up. It is an awesome creation of a windvane.

Watch these two Missouri Spinner videos on our You Tube channel.

https://youtu.be/Vjf8UCqdQtI

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My lovely wife was very impressed. I'm not going to tell her where you got it to save me some money.

Comment

That is an impressive work of art! Don Cecil in Bellevue, Texas does similar work. I love driving past his shop on 287 every week and seeing his creations on display.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_739BSB7A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_739BSB7A[/ame]

Comment

Nice addition Arrowsmith! Man, some of those Don Cecil creations are mesmerizing to watch...

Comment

Awesome. I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
            That is an impressive work of art! Don Cecil in Bellevue, Texas does similar work. I love driving past his shop on 287 every week and seeing his creations on display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_739BSB7A
            The guy is pretty talented. Looking at some of those, I realized you could change the size and or pitch of the blades, on pieces that have two or more sets of blades and have each set of blades spinning at different speeds.

Comment

I could see my wife liking these things.

Comment

That is too cool….I like it.

Comment

Very cool piece.

Comment

Dangit Mike, that’s cool as heck!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't show it to my wife.....................

Comment

Pretty cool for sure.

Comment

Thats pretty cool, one of my old neighbors used to make a lot of kinetic wind art out of stainless, fun to watch in a storm.

Comment

If anyone is wanting one they are built just south of my place in Mack’s Creek Missouri pretty sure I could express a few of them in the next couple of months

Comment

Now that’s just cool, a great yard art addition.

Comment

Working...
                              X