Guided Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guided Elk Hunt

I am looking at booking an elk hunt for my dad and I for 2022. I am open to any state, but from the research I have done, it seems New Mexico may be my best bet. Here are the requirements I am looking for:

- Landowner Tags (We do not have PPs and I want us to go together)
    - Legitimate chance of a 330"+ Bull (I know it is hunting and not guaranteed, but want a place with high success rate on big bulls)
    - Rifle/Muzzleloader (Dad does not bowhunt)
    - House/Lodge/Hotel accommodations (Doesn't have to be 5 Star, but would like to have shower, AC/Heat, etc.)
    - Would like meals to be included but not a must

I don't really have a budget. This is a bucket list trip for my dad and I to do together so I don't mind spending some coin. Since I am sure some will ask, lets call the budget $15Kish per hunter.

Anyone have any experience with a place that meets this criteria or have somewhere they recommend?

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
    I am looking at booking an elk hunt for my dad and I for 2022. I am open to any state, but from the research I have done, it seems New Mexico may be my best bet. Here are the requirements I am looking for:

- Legitimate chance of a 330"+ Bull (I know it is hunting and not guaranteed, but want a place with high success rate on big bulls)

- House/Lodge/Hotel accommodations (Doesn't have to be 5 Star, but would like to have shower, AC/Heat, etc.)

I don't really have a budget. This is a bucket list trip for my dad and I to do together so I don't mind spending some coin. Since I am sure some will ask, lets call the budget $15Kish per hunter.

Anyone have any experience with a place that meets this criteria or have somewhere they recommend?
    The outfitter we used in Chama always took his customers to the Gila when they drew a tag. I'm not sure if you can get a tag but if I was spending 15k to go shoot a big bull, free range, that's where I'd look into going. If you want to go kill a BIG bull and don't mind high fences that option is definitely available for 15k each. I'm sure someone will know more about places like Bill Carters place and other options.

Comment

I have no experience hunting here but if I had your budget I would seriously look into the link below. You can look up some hunts on YouTube they have had there. There are some ridiculous bulls on this reservation.

Mescalero Apache Reservation, home to Mescalero Big Game Hunts, offers the best Mescalero elk hunting in New Mexico. See prices for hunts.

Comment

Best place that I know of.

Check here for a list of hunting season dates and information regarding permits, resident and non-resident applications, and hunting license types.

** Sorry it's a draw hunt **

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
          The outfitter we used in Chama always took his customers to the Gila when they drew a tag. I'm not sure if you can get a tag but if I was spending 15k to go shoot a big bull, free range, that's where I'd look into going. If you want to go kill a BIG bull and don't mind high fences that option is definitely available for 15k each. I'm sure someone will know more about places like Bill Carters place and other options.
          Thank you. I should have mentioned, I am aware of the high fence places. Would like to stay away from them if possible. (No hate to the high fence game, just not what I am looking for on this hunt).

Comment

Thank you. I should have mentioned, I am aware of the high fence places. Would like to stay away from them if possible. (No hate to the high fence game, just not what I am looking for on this hunt).
            If I was in your shoes I would be looking for a private tag where my dad could muzzleloader hunt and I could archery hunt. You may have to stay 10 days or so but you could catch the end of archery and he could hunt the first muzzleloader. I know you are wanting to stay "fair chase" but for an older guy on a 15k+ trip in the mountains I would look hard at a big high fence ranch for him. It won't be 100% fair chase but his odds of getting a good bull would go way up!! Elk hunting is hard!! Throw in a 330" or bigger bull and it gets way harder!! Good luck on your quest and I hope you both get a good one! Whatever you do, make sure to post about the trip! Looking forward to following along!

Comment

Call 1800 Elk Tags and hunt with Colorado Buck in his New Mexico camp. You won’t be sorry. Rocky Top Outfitters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this fits what your looking for.

Comment

4.7 ⭐ Reviews(31) Come hunt New Mexico for the trophy bull elk, mule deer & antelope. We have been hunting New Mexico since 1992 and our experienced guides know how to make your next New Mexico Hunt a success! Call (505) 474-6959.

H&A outfitters his name is Andy and normally in the Gila it’s tents but I’ve only been in September. During the rifle he may have a lodge or something. Either way they are awesome people and are straight up guys with no BS. On the website is plenty of references from successful and unsuccessful hunts. Give them a call and hear first hand.
                  (505) 470-1145
                  Last edited by C R Cox; 08-16-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I'd be looking at one of the reservations in New Mexico. The Mescalero is probably the best bet. He could hunt rifle and you could bow hunt if you want.

Comment

Give Bridger Petrini a call..... here is his website. They have lots of land in both NM and CO. They are great folks and have been doing this a LONG time. Bridger took over the business from his dad years ago, so he has grown up hunting big game out west.

Comment

You can also inquire with the Acoma Pueblo, Jicarilla Apaches, Mescalero Apaches, and the Navajo Reservation about their big game offerings.

Comment

Look into the Ranching For Wildlife hunts in Colorado. Those ranches have very liberal season dates and no draw for licenses.
                          Maybe 2V oufitters or Hill Ranch. Spur Ranch has big, private ranch to hunt in NC Colorado.

Comment

Look into hunting on one of the Rez’s. That UU Bar ranch is a dang good place by the looks of some of the hunts I’ve seen from there!

Comment

I have a Dr. friend that hunts with this company every year. https://www.bmohunts.com/

New Mexico LOT are very expensive some tags running 15k just for the tag + guide fee. I'm not sure how much blackmountain tag are running. Just depends on demand in some cases.

Mossback is part of the team that kills some of the biggest elk in the country. They outfit all over the west and can find you a tag that fits your bill.

Just from the little looking I've done. Most Res tags are 20k+ each.
                              Last edited by BassMaster13; 08-16-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X