Watching the news this AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw where The Longhorns are going to join the SEC. Not sure which secretary but hey....

The rest of the segment was on how much more money the longhorns would bring in and how much money the cities would loose and than it ended with the players should make a lot more money now too with the move just look at ? (High school player graduated early to play @ Ohio).

Why's it about the money?
    Ain't the longhorns the college with the most money?
    When did college become about sports and not education?
    FTWIW I graduated with a Busted Knuckles degree from the school of hard knocks.

Yes ESL [emoji56]

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-03-2021, 02:56 PM.

It’s been about the money for years and years .

Comment

Colleges, churches, etc are all businesses to an extent.

Comment

I don't see how the cities will lose. UT will have the same amount of home games. I think the change is in 2025 though.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
          I don't see how the cities will lose. UT will have the same amount of home games. I think the change is in 2025 though.
          LOL UT won't be the one hurt

Comment

Maybe an early buyout from big 12 contract?

When they decided to let college players earn money from their names and success, it became more semi-pro than it already was. I will be watching high school or nothing.

BTW. I was a Longhorn in the late 70’s. So much has changed for the worse at UT and in college ball.
            Last edited by Big pig; 08-03-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Joe Castiglione Backstabbed Other Big 12 Athletic Directors

Emotions have been running high since Oklahoma and Texas blindsided the college football world by announcing their intentions to leave the Big 12 for the SEC.

The Athletic reported that the current sentiment around the Big 12 was that the remaining members were “******” at Texas, but “disappointed” in Oklahoma. That sounds about right regarding the general feelings around the conference towards the two programs.

But this story from Kansas City’s Kevin Kietzman gives some insight into why so many around the conference were stunned that it was not just Texas looking to bolt and blow up the Big 12, but that Oklahoma was joining them for the ride.

Kietzman, who was a long-time host on Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City and now hosts his own podcast, Kevin Kietzman has issues, joined Pete Mundo on the Heartland College Sports podcast and shared this story about Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione:

“I’ve known him since the late 80’s when I was working on the Mizzou beat for Channel 4 and he became the athletic director at Missouri. I covered them, I traveled with the team. Nobody in sports was ever nicer to me than Joe Castiglione. He was the nicest man ever. He’s got friends everywhere in college athletics. He’s one of the most respected guys in the country. Every other AD in the league loves Joe Castiglione. Now they hate him. He lied to them for a year. He sat at every table keeping in his mind that he was orchestrating a way for his team to be out, lying to them, hearing all the information about what’s going on the Big 12, likely sharing that information with ESPN and the SEC. And he turned around and stabbed them in the back. That’s not the Joe Castiglione I know. I think the biggest story here is the people in this league that are just shocked at the people that they liked, trusted and thought were there friends snuck around and did this.”

This story should give you some color as to why the other leaders in the conference feel the way they do about how things have gone down the last two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                Joe Castiglione Backstabbed Other Big 12 Athletic Directors

Emotions have been running high since Oklahoma and Texas blindsided the college football world by announcing their intentions to leave the Big 12 for the SEC.

The Athletic reported that the current sentiment around the Big 12 was that the remaining members were “******” at Texas, but “disappointed” in Oklahoma. That sounds about right regarding the general feelings around the conference towards the two programs.

But this story from Kansas City’s Kevin Kietzman gives some insight into why so many around the conference were stunned that it was not just Texas looking to bolt and blow up the Big 12, but that Oklahoma was joining them for the ride.

Kietzman, who was a long-time host on Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City and now hosts his own podcast, Kevin Kietzman has issues, joined Pete Mundo on the Heartland College Sports podcast and shared this story about Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione:

“I’ve known him since the late 80’s when I was working on the Mizzou beat for Channel 4 and he became the athletic director at Missouri. I covered them, I traveled with the team. Nobody in sports was ever nicer to me than Joe Castiglione. He was the nicest man ever. He’s got friends everywhere in college athletics. He’s one of the most respected guys in the country. Every other AD in the league loves Joe Castiglione. Now they hate him. He lied to them for a year. He sat at every table keeping in his mind that he was orchestrating a way for his team to be out, lying to them, hearing all the information about what’s going on the Big 12, likely sharing that information with ESPN and the SEC. And he turned around and stabbed them in the back. That’s not the Joe Castiglione I know. I think the biggest story here is the people in this league that are just shocked at the people that they liked, trusted and thought were there friends snuck around and did this.”

This story should give you some color as to why the other leaders in the conference feel the way they do about how things have gone down the last two weeks.

That is softer than 10 ply toilet paper. Reading dumb **** like that only reaffirms to me that what passes for a "journalist" these days, wouldn't last through morning coffee at a real job.

Comment

JFK is dead too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Longhorns and Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                    X