Enforcing Javelina bag limits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enforcing Javelina bag limits...

We don't really have Javelina on our place, few come through every now and then, so this is more of curiosity. How do they go about really enforcing the bag limit of 2 per year on Javelina? All the other game animals where you are limited on a yearly basis have license tags. As far as I know the javelina is the only game animal where you have no definitive season, but yet have a yearly bag limit, but no tags (I could be wrong on it being the only one). All other animals, i.e. squirrels, have daily bags, not season. Just a random thought.

Probably more just to keep people from shooting every javelina they see. It’s only a small percentage of hunters that keep javelina for eating so tags are pointless when a person will just drag it into the brush.

Comment

Its self enforcement. Nobody wants more tan 2 of those stinky things. Heck. Most people don't even want 1

Comment

Some counties’ season is not year round. I imagine this only gets enforced on sloppy poachers who shoot over their limit on the weekend or can’t resist posting everything on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Its self enforcement. Nobody wants more tan 2 of those stinky things. Heck. Most people don't even want 1
          LOL I understand that, I've been around a couple and man they do stink

Comment

Yea, I think the regs were written with the limit being "2" extra winky face as it was signed into law.

They're a native animal so no matter how annoyed I get I don't want to see them shot out.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              We don't really have Javelina on our place, few come through every now and then, so this is more of curiosity. How do they go about really enforcing the bag limit of 2 per year on Javelina? All the other game animals where you are limited on a yearly basis have license tags. As far as I know the javelina is the only game animal where you have no definitive season, but yet have a yearly bag limit, but no tags (I could be wrong on it being the only one). All other animals, i.e. squirrels, have daily bags, not season. Just a random thought.
              Good question, a few years ago our neighbor lesser shot like 35 and went and put them in his dump/ boneyard, and during the helicopter survey they were spotted and the game wardens showed up and many tickets were issued, the hunters where kicked off the ranch missing the entire season , no refund of lease fees
              I personally don’t mess with them unless someone wants one for a trophy mount

P.S
              Never ever post any LDP stuff on social media, the game wardens are using it for investigation
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-07-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Let me come spot and stalk shoot 2 of them... I'll self enforce ha, but for real

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                  Let me come spot and stalk shoot 2 of them... I'll self enforce ha, but for real
                  That's kinda what I'm thinking about doing next trip down there. I don't want them gone as we just have a few, but I think spot and stalk with a bow would be fun.

Comment

I don’t see why they don’t get more respect. We eat every single one we kill, plus take some that others don’t want. We still run out of sausage before next years hunt. We only kill our two, each but man I wish you were allowed more, that would be awesome. I just can’t believe people shoot them and leave them, I wouldn’t think of it. We spend hours sometimes tracking them, hate it when they don’t get recovered. Sausage and tamales are so good.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                      Probably more just to keep people from shooting every javelina they see. It’s only a small percentage of hunters that keep javelina for eating so tags are pointless when a person will just drag it into the brush.
                      But they will sure fine you and charge you a re-stocking fee if you drag them into the brush. Happy to a guy I hunt with a year or two ago. I think that **** javelina ended up costing him about $1,500

Comment

There are idiots here that swear they gut shoot every one they see because they eat all their corn at the feeder

Comment

No closed season nor bag limit on tree rats in my county.

Comment

So how many did you kill....haha I don't believe anyone is counting those corn thieves. Our deer sure don't like them. I watched a big ol daddy, a mama and 2 tiny little blonde babies feed the other day. The babies were trying to nurse and mom was trying to devour corn.

We dont have a ton on your place but certain parts of the ranch do. We don't mess with them too much. I've got one big one shoulder mounted and it's a cool addition.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                              So how many did you kill....haha I don't believe anyone is counting those corn thieves. Our deer sure don't like them. I watched a big ol daddy, a mama and 2 tiny little blonde babies feed the other day. The babies were trying to nurse and mom was trying to devour corn.

We dont have a ton on your place but certain parts of the ranch do. We don't mess with them too much. I've got one big one shoulder mounted and it's a cool addition.

And as a few here said....they aren't bad to eat at all. I grilled up the straps of one and tasted like pork fajita....my dog ate the first bite and wanted more so I joined him in the feast. They are cool animals. We dont shoot and leave them. You better mount it, eat it or both.

Comment

Working...
                              X