Cell Phone Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell Phone Booster

I have been looking into adding a cell booster at our camp in MT Home. We have Verizon and most of the time have 3g and a couple bars. We can make calls but text and pics get hung up and take for ever to down load.

Would a booster help us get better service?

If it does, what brands do I need to look into? Brands to stay away from?

TIA....

weBoost is your source for cell phone signal boosters for home, vehicles and more. Increase your cell signal and enjoy better service today!

They work I have one in my vehicle and deer camp

Comment

2nd for Weboost.

Comment

3rd for WeBoost.

Models have upgraded some since this post but mine has been incredible. Before the booster, 1 bar if lucky outside the metal building. Zero inside. I get 3-4 bars consistently inside now with internet service including surfing/sending pics/video. We get it outside the door in the porch area as well because it passes through the wood door. AT&T and Verizon. Sprint sucks..

Comment

4th for WeBoost. They work.

Comment

5th for Weboost

Comment

6th for weboost. They definitely work.

Comment

Look for a remanufactured WeBoost directional for the strongest signal. Ours was a little over $400 vs $700 for new. Ours increased the signal from the Verizon tower eight miles south of us by sixteen fold. Learn how to use the internal signal strength meter on your phone, not the on screen reading that is on all the time, as it really doesn't tell you anything.

Comment

I have a Weboost at my place in Menard and I get 0 signal from it.

If anyone knows how I could fix that issue then I'll give a 7th to WeBoost.

Comment

WeBoost. At the deer lease in Star we barely have enough signal to make a call. With the Weboost full service. HunterU, you have to have a signal for it to boost. No signal, no boost. Mine is a truck model and I just hook it up in the camper and stick the magnetic antenna on the top of camper.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                      WeBoost. At the deer lease in Star we barely have enough signal to make a call. With the Weboost full service. HunterU, you have to have a signal for it to boost. No signal, no boost. Mine is a truck model and I just hook it up in the camper and stick the magnetic antenna on the top of camper.
                      My buddy hunts outside of DelRio on 3008 and has no signal whatsoever but when you turn the we boost on you have full signal at 4G. So gonna have to say the no signal no boost isn't true.

AT&T has signal at our place but Verizon does not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm the most non-tech savvy guy I know, but it seems the boost has to have something TO boost.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                          I'm the most non-tech savvy guy I know, but it seems the boost has to have something TO boost.
                          This is correct. It wont boost what you ain't got. That said if anyone isnt happy with a we boost they have I'm interested in another

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HunterU View Post
                            My buddy hunts outside of DelRio on 3008 and has no signal whatsoever but when you turn the we boost on you have full signal at 4G. So gonna have to say the no signal no boost isn't true.

AT&T has signal at our place but Verizon does not.

It is absolutely true. It came from the WeBoost tech's mouth. It is common sense if you think about it. You can't just make signal out of thin air. The cabin/house WeBoost is a yagi antenna and can get signal from a distance if it crosses some but there has to be some for it to boost even if the signal shoots over higher than your phone can collect.

Just an example from the 12 volt portable side. I had no signal in my best blind and couldn't get the WeBoost to work. No phone signal either before. I put my antenna up 12 above my blind versus sitting on the roof and it works like a champ now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              It is absolutely true. It came from the WeBoost tech's mouth. It is common sense if you think about it. You can't just make signal out of thin air. The cabin/house WeBoost is a yagi antenna and can get signal from a distance if it crosses some but there has to be some for it to boost even if the signal shoots over higher than your phone can collect.

Just an example from the 12 volt portable side. I had no signal in my best blind and couldn't get the WeBoost to work. No phone signal either before. I put my antenna up 12 above my blind versus sitting on the roof and it works like a champ now.
                              I mean yeah I get that. Maybe I just need to raise mine another 20ft up in the air? Idk.

The signal booster will actually give my phone 1x if I set it right next to it.

But like I said. His place has absolutely no signal anywhere until you turn the boost on.

If I look up Verizon towers in Menard there is one there and to my west in Eldorado.

Comment

Working...
                              X