Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    I took a stick to the head this afternoon but that’s ok. Tomorrow is another day.
    Them must be some mean crappie!

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Comment

So I love to crappie fish and decided to make a facebook group for crappie fishing. I dont have members yet but hope to change that soon. Wanted a place to talk crappie get and give tips reports and gear talk. If anyone wants to join its Texas Crappie Finatics. On facebook

Comment

Justin, do you know about the crappie page on Texas Fishing Forum? If not it is worth checking out.

Comment

Yes I post and read on it. Just figured if some of yall had Facebook and didn't mind joining a group. I'm bored at work so I created it plus it's getting close to spawn time and crappie are on my mind. Lol

Comment

Great, just thought I would mention it in case you didn’t know about it, I don’t have Facebook or I would join.

Yep they will be shallow in no time! Heck a bunch probably already are. I went to a seminar where a crappie guide on Palestine does trips this time of year where they wade the creeks fishing super shallow with long rods. The next three months I will start thinking I have them figured out again and the. They will leave the banks and I will be back to stinking it up LOL!
            Last edited by Cantcatch5; 02-22-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

The big fish are still scattered on LOP. I hit the deep end for a couple of hours after I got stood up for my trip today. No call, No text just a plain old no show.
              Rather than waste the morning I went to look for so big fish.
              I found a few and put 10 in the boat in a couple of hours. All caught on a Orange,white and yellow jig in 30 foot of water. They weren’t on the timber but just out cruising.
              The best was a 2 pound 4 oz
              Click image for larger version

Name:	5CF9446F-5942-4323-A0BC-93C669B41AD2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	24609046

Name:	D22D7031-25FE-4816-80BB-FC93A2F533F1.jpeg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	24609047

Name:	7A39B29A-8751-4A55-8281-69EFA8258995.jpeg
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	24609048

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                The big fish are still scattered on LOP. I hit the deep end for a couple of hours after I got stood up for my trip today. No call, No text just a plain old no show.

Rather than waste the morning I went to look for so big fish.

I found a few and put 10 in the boat in a couple of hours. All caught on a Orange,white and yellow jig in 30 foot of water. They weren’t on the timber but just out cruising.

The best was a 2 pound 4 oz

[ATTACH]993120[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]993121[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]993122[/ATTACH]
                Boy that sucks when that happens.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Few more

We went again last night to Granger, ended up with 17 they're not running 100% spawn, but I would say pretty pre-spawn hungry All caught in 6-10 deep. Biggest 14", female, full of eggs. Took my Granddaughter and she caught the first one on her new Disney Frozen rod and reel This warmer weather should really get them to kick in good.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Went to cedar creek yesterday. Didn’t find any on docks or bridges. Water temp was 52

Comment

Found them in the creek 15 to 20 foot deep with 6 or 8 foot of water out of the creek.
                      Nothing over 2 pounds but a nice mess of solid fish.
                      All fish caught on a yellow and purple 1/8 oz hand tied jig.

Name:	C58A63EA-B1B8-4D3F-9703-CF90A7B098C8.jpeg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	24609097

Name:	BBCEEE2D-7FEA-433C-A7E5-544C97F342D3.jpeg
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	24609098

Name:	D085F0D6-76D8-4A18-97A5-FE7C6C1C2786.jpeg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24609099

Comment

Very nice!!! I’m ready to get back over there one or 2 more times!! Ironed all my kinks out and paid them white perch back today after hurting my feelings like they did Friday. Crawfish. Yuengling and Johnnys pizza and a cooler of slabs!! Not a bad weekend on a muddy high lake!!

Comment

Why are bass fisherman in such a hurry?

I was sitting about 75 yards from the boat run when a fellow in a little white boat was coming down the lane. Another fellow came blowing up behind him and pulled out to pass. The second boat had his motor trimmed up too high and as soon as he hit the first boats wake he started porpoising to the point he lost control of his boat and forced the first boat out of the boat lane and into a big tree. They hit it hard enough to snap it off.
                          The JA in the passing boat never checked up but just went tearing off down the boat run. The little white boat turned and went back the way they had come.

Dam lucky someone didn’t get hurt or killed.

He sent me a picture of his boat

Name:	84104139_1808647885938084_8074728835070820352_o.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	24609144

Comment

I was sitting about 75 yards from the boat run when a fellow in a little white boat was coming down the lane. Another fellow came blowing up behind him and pulled out to pass. The second boat had his motor trimmed up too high and as soon as he hit the first boats wake he started porpoising to the point he lost control of his boat and forced the first boat out of the boat lane and into a big tree. They hit it hard enough to snap it off.
                            The JA in the passing boat never checked up but just went tearing off down the boat run. The little white boat turned and went back the way they had come.

[ATTACH]993312[/ATTACH]
                            That is not good!

Comment

[ATTACH]993312[/ATTACH]
                              It’s the same Richard heads that are in such a hurry to pass you when there is a no passing lane. So they just pass you on the shoulder, or endanger everyone around trying pass with no room.

Glad no one was hurt.

Comment

Glad nobody was hurt. That could have been a lot worse. I would have reported with description to TP&W. Some people make poor choices just like out on the roadway.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X