No announcement yet.

Breaking the Snuff Habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hard Im on day 8 myself. Just keep up the fight Im with you after 33 years I just laid it down and said enough. Smokey moutain is a tobacco free herbal snuff helps me.

Comment

Been on Smokey mountain wintergreen for about 2 years now. I really dip a lot less now. Cravings are only there in the morning and after meals. Addicted again to smokey mountain....

Comment

my last dip was July 21st 2014. ran out while mowing the yard and decided not to buy any more. had dipped over 30 years. When you decide to really stop, you will. I had "tried" lots of times before, but never stuck with it. By the way, I would still really like a dip right now.

Comment

Chantix was a life saver for me. Cut my cravings by at least 60%. Quit the Copenhagen (for the last time I hope) March 2015. I still miss it though. It aint easy but it can be done. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
            Great decision. I used to dip between 1.5 to 2 cans of cope a day for nearly 20 years. I quit February 12, 2010. Have not had a hint of nicotine since.
            It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life, but I'm so glad I quit. I don't miss it anymore.
            It took me 3 serious quit attempts (over a year each) to finally get this important fact:
            You're either ALL IN, or ALL OUT. There is no, "I'll cut back, "I'll only do it when I go hunting" BS. You cannot ever do it again or you'll be a full blown addict again within days.
            Stick with your quit effort. Its the greatest gift you can give yourself - be free of an addiction.
            I was using at 2 sometimes 3 cans a day. Had some teeth issues and decided to quit after 20 years of dipping. You have to want to quit and I mean REALLY WANT to. Like down to the most inner part of your soul. All the drugs, gum or what ever will only slow it down but wont cure it. It will come down to your decision and yours only and will be one of the hardest things you have ever done.

Even after quitting many years ago I will still I still find myself reaching into my front left shirt pocket for my can when I get into a nervous situation. Right then I realize what a nasty habit it was and praise God I don't do it anymore.

Comment

Good Luck. Coffee and sunflower seeds helped me.

Comment

I quit 7 years ago with the help of Smokey Mountain. I realized half or more of the habit was the process of dipping, so I decided to allow myself to use smokey mountain as much as I felt I needed to. I went through a can (at least) of it a day for about 6 months. After that, I slowly lost the urge to even use it. After about a year, I would occasionally grab a can of Smokey Mountain. After 18 months, I completely lost the urge to even do that.

You won't appreciate how much snuff rules your life until you can go to a restaurant, or a movie, or church, or anywhere else, and not have to think about snuff. You'll regain your freedom.

Comment

Stay strong man! There are a bunch of us on here who have successfully quit and are no longer a slave to tobacco. Chantix also helped me quit the 18 year Skoal habit I came to hate. It really sucks when you have to plan your life around how you can sneak in a dip in some situations. Not to mention the money you spend.

My snuff habit cost me about the same as a deer lease. So now I pay for my lease with the money I save from not buying tobacco. And I don't have those dreams/nightmares where I get told I have mouth cancer any more. Stay strong, you can do it.

Comment

Hang in there. I would go from cigars, to snuff, to RedMan, and back again before I quit it all cold turkey about eight years ago. Haven't had the urge to do any of it again.

Comment

Dipped for 20 plus years, quit 2 years ago with the help of smokey mountain

Comment

I quit cold turkey last May...and haven't had a dip since that time. I miss it at times but all in all I'm good.

Comment

I quit April 2 1996 after dipping for 22 years. I started out using the fake snuff (2 cans) then that was it. Only dipped the fake snuff after a meal (3 times a day). It was hard but I had a goal and I was determined to reach it. Been dip free since.

Hang in there and good luck.

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Comment

I'm 32 years old, started dipping snuff when I was about 15. Saturday will be 2 months tobacco-free for me. GRINDS coffee pouches did the trick for me. Now my dad is using them and has been tobacco free for a week now.

Comment

I ran out of cope one night and just didn't want to go get more, so spur of the moment decision to quit. 1st night was terrible and wife was mad at me for not giving her time to prepare. All downhill after the first night. Now problems til recently, been having cravings for the last month or so, but I've held on this long. Been numerous tidbits said at church that have really helped me stay strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X