• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work F4F. Way to get em.

Comment

WTG guys!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Took some time at the duck lease to fish and check crab traps with one of the other members for a thanksgiving crab boil. Only fished for an hour, maybe a bit more, but ended with 2 small trout maybe 16”, two small flounder and 3 reds. Only kept the one better sized red that went 25-1/2” on the cooler lid. Caught everything on white super spook. This was Tuesday evening but just getting around to posting.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

My hunting season is done, time to do some winter fishing I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed down to poc area this Thursday through Sunday. Haven’t been many ducks in NTX so might as well go do some wading. Weather looks great!

Comment

Had a pretty slow weekend. Fished Friday out of my boat and boxed 3 trout and 2 reds. I caught 9-10 reds in row on top water in a small back lake/ drain in 1’of water. Saturday fished with a guide in seadrift thrown cut bait and only managed 2 reds and a drum. Other boats were catching a few reds on cut mullet but overall slow.

Comment

Went & looked at a couple spots by myself about 4:30 Friday afternoon with no luck. Had a big mid cast backlash & lost the only Corkie I had on me.
                  Got back in the boat & cruised back to the slip before dark. Saturday was a challenge with the rain & cold but we gave it a shot. Released a bunch of dink trout & rat reds, had 1 keeper 22" Red. Caught 1 lower slot 21" Red Sunday morning.

Comment

Forgot about the BIG Ugly I caught on a Corkie Soft Dine XL. A 38 1/2” Baheamuth. Good thing we were still close to the boat. Old rascal had moss growing on his Gill plates. He swam away fine.

Comment

Took my youngest to PINS today. 38 Pomp’s- a red - and a sheepshead. It was his first time catching pomps
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dats a lot of pomps!!

Comment

Good haul of pompano!

Comment

Nice haul!!! Thought you might be making this happen when I looked at the surf cam about 8:30 this morning.

Comment

It was really good today in my neck of the woods. I have not fished in several days and wasn't booked today so I went and looked around a little. Got out of the house, after a few days at home I have to get out and go do something. It was crazy good today. The first stop I caught 10 trout from 16-19" in about as many casts. Fishing a plum/chart 4" Bass Assassin paddle tail. The recent cold piled the fish up. I saw a few birds milling around and moved about 200 yards and caught another doz or so trout. Moved a half mile and caught another 10-12 trout. That was by 8am this morning. Moved another couple miles to see if I could pick up a redfish or two. I switched up to a gulp and cork and started working a dropoff down a shoreline. I caught trout, trout and more trout. Then I decided to go take a longer look around and made a longer run. I hit a flock of birds and caught 2 reds and 3 trout out from under them on a hot pink 5" Bass Assassin jerk bait. Best trout of the day at 24". I hit a few more groups of birds working and popped a fish here and there mainly on the gulp and cork. I ended up catching fish at every stop.

I didn't take a bunch of pics and released all the fish except for a couple for dinner tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                It was really good today in my neck of the woods. I have not fished in several days and wasn't booked today so I went and looked around a little. Got out of the house, after a few days at home I have to get out and go do something. It was crazy good today. The first stop I caught 10 trout from 16-19" in about as many casts. Fishing a plum/chart 4" Bass Assassin paddle tail. The recent cold piled the fish up. I saw a few birds milling around and moved about 200 yards and caught another doz or so trout. Moved a half mile and caught another 10-12 trout. That was by 8am this morning. Moved another couple miles to see if I could pick up a redfish or two. I switched up to a gulp and cork and started working a dropoff down a shoreline. I caught trout, trout and more trout. Then I decided to go take a longer look around and made a longer run. I hit a flock of birds and caught 2 reds and 3 trout out from under them on a hot pink 5" Bass Assassin jerk bait. Best trout of the day at 24". I hit a few more groups of birds working and popped a fish here and there mainly on the gulp and cork. I ended up catching fish at every stop.

I didn't take a bunch of pics and released all the fish except for a couple for dinner tomorrow night.

Dang, I would have paid for scouting fuel AND washed the boat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X