No announcement yet.

Live: Yaupons, Pine and a lil Cedar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanked. Going to watch the weather and cameras. Can hunt in the morning, afternoon will be spent at Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The worst sit that I had last year was on Thanksgiving morning. Was sitting on a skunk for the first time of the season and at 7:45 my target buck walked out in daylight for the first time. Was a little late for Thanksgiving with the family. Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        The worst sit that I had last year was on Thanksgiving morning. Was sitting on a skunk for the first time of the season and at 7:45 my target buck walked out in daylight for the first time. Was a little late for Thanksgiving with the family. Good luck tomorrow.

Killed my first mature buck on Thanksgiving when I was in highschool. Gone everyone since. Hard to tell my wife it’s a tradition when I hunt all the **** time anyway but here we go [emoji1787]

Comment

Some of the best deer and duck hunts are always Thanksgiving and Christmas morning.

Comment

Watching the lightning and rain light up my windshield while headed north. I’m a stupid sob for hunting in this stuff. With the way the Ghost has been almost strictly nocturnal I feel like rain events may be a reason he would get on his feet. Isn’t it funny how we (I) rationalize reasons to hunt.... “he has been gone 3 days, he is due to show back up.”, “it’s raining and I just know he will show in the rain.”, “he should get on his feet with this wind switch from North to south”.... I can pretty much convince my self each next hunt will be his last lol.

Very thankful for my family and wife that allows me to hunt as much as I do. Here is a photo of us at last weekends wedding festivities.

Comment

Sitting at the gate watching it pour. I have 3 options. A box stand on an oat patch that’s about a 100 yard walk but least likely option to kill him. The back porch which is an open tripod about 700 yard walk or the apple pen which is a 16’ ladder stand that’s a 900 yard walk. The apple pen has been most consistent with him so that’s where I most likely head. I’m going to ride it out as long as I can then throw on the rain gear and head in. Looking like the hardest rain will be done shortly after light.

Comment

When I first started hunting ET 35 years ago the rainy days quickly became my most anticipated sits. I would see bucks on the move I had never seen before in rain so hard you could barely see 50 yards. Good luck sir. Your dedication is sure to pay off. BTW you have a beautiful family. Congrats sir.

Comment

Box stand. I ain't sitting in the rain

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! Love being in the stand right after a rain, if a wind switch is involved even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Absolutely. Not mad enough at em to get soaked. If I’m getting wet I have to have something quacking or honking at me. Good luck Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Sissy

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Sissy

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                          Whatever you say 16 krivoman owner

Comment

Well Tony, I admire your dedication! I just plain ain't that mad at 'em any longer... Killed some nice bucks in the rain over the years.
                            Good luck!

Comment

Live: Yaupons, Pine and a lil Cedar

Nada. Sat as long as I could. Box stand would have been my choice if it was much colder or I was hunting all day. Soaked and headed to the festivities. My lease mate will be back hunting tomorrow pm. Sunday is the next free day but May can hunt the afternoons fri/sat depending on circumstances. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

Somebody sending this guy my schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X