No announcement yet.

Cattle prices low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You waited to long to take him to the sell, 1200lb is way to big and he will probably be just hamburger meat. Bring them in around 900lbs and double your money

Comment

Originally posted by Chubb View Post
      All of y’all saying you just sold cattle and they didn’t bring a good price. Were the Market reports showing something different the week before and they just dropped the day y’all’s sold?
      Nope. They have been relatively the same for a while now.

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
      Cattle prices are actually pretty dang good right now. If your cattle aren't selling good you may want to look at the quality of your livestock. We shipped 3 loads of steers yesterday weighing 650 for $1.71 and a load of heifer the same weight and got a $1.60.
      There is no one in any of my groups getting those prices. Your heifer price is 0.15 higher than the absolute top number at our local sale. Your steer weight is the top number. And these are both for cattle over 500#. You running a feeder operation?

Comment

I got $1.65 a couple months ago. I’m glad I don’t need to sell any now.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          You waited to long to take him to the sell, 1200lb is way to big and he will probably be just hamburger meat. Bring them in around 900lbs and double your money
          It was a herd bull...

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
            Nope. They have been relatively the same for a while now.

There is no one in any of my groups getting those prices. Your heifer price is 0.15 higher than the absolute top number at our local sale. Your steer weight is the top number. And these are both for cattle over 500#. You running a feeder operation?
            Yes and sell by the lot, truck load, directly to a buyer. Where do you sale Lockhart or Flatonia?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
              Yes and sell by the lot, truck load, directly to a buyer. Where do you sale Lockhart or Flatonia?
              Figured as much with those numbers and weight.

Mainly Lockhart.

Comment

Working...
              X