Brecks 2021 McLennan County Stud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brecks 2021 McLennan County Stud!

Well, “Ground Hog Day” I guess would best describe Brecks 2021 season so far. Like the movie, Brecks 2021 season is staring to smell allot like his 2020 season. One small difference though, the deer he is killing in 2021 are a tad larger than his 2020 deer……..what a great problem!

Like 2020, Breck and the Crawford Pirates are having a great year in football. With the success comes very little free time. Monday thru Thursday early morning film session, school work, after school work outs, Friday game day, Saturday morning film and conditioning and Sunday morning church…….plus add on girls are very pretty……….Does not leave allot of time for a 17 year old to sit in a tree.

Quick, long story……, I decided late last week that I was going to stay around the house this past weekend and let the tree stand soars on my bottom have a rest. So Saturday morning while drinking coffee on the back porch, a very mature, heavy, large framed deer followed 3 does into a rice bran pile. It took me 5 seconds to figure out what deer it was and another minute to sneak out of the chair and into the house. I ran to the base of the stairs and yelled at Breck that his 10 point was eating rice bran. Breck made it down the stairs, with bow in hand……ha ha, to watch the Heavy 10 push the does around and into the brush. This 10 point has showed up behind the house for the last 3 years like clockwork, last week of October. Only issue with the past two was Breck had already burned his tag for our county when the buck finally showed.

I told Breck before he left for Saturday morning football film and conditioning, that that deer was killable if he stayed tight to those does because those does live on us. After football and lunch, we eased behind the house and dumped about 25 pounds of rice bran behind a few trees in hopes the three does would ease back in later that afternoon. Before leaving we pulled the card from his trail camera and confirmed he was there all morning and our confidence was building.

Sure enough, Breck climbs in his house stand around 5:00 and the 3 does from the morning were on him around 5:30. He texted me that the “does showed without there boyfriend” …I replied “Patience grass hopper”, No more than 30 minutes later my phone blows up………..I think to myself, no way………”Dad I smoked him, blood everywhere”……”Dad you are not going to believe the story”………”Dad he so big”……..”Dad he crashed close”…..”Dad are you kidding me”……..”Dad he’s 10 points”….Dad, thanks and I love you”………………………….At this time I am high fiving my wife and yelling no way….no freaking way………

We gave him maybe 20 minutes then I walk back to his stand, help him lower his bow and quiver and take up the track. Before we walked up to the lighted knock and broke arrow, Breck says “he did not go far”……and Breck was right, he made it maybe a total of 30 yards through some thick underbrush before giving up the fight.

We drug him into a small opening and took a few pictures before it got to dark then took up the drag back to the house………should have not left Ranger at lease…..A few breathing stops later we could see porch lights…..a very good site for an old, out of shape man!

Lots of friends came by to see him and re-live the story from Breck that night, which just made it that much greater. He was still on cloud 9 yesterday and rightfully so.

Well-deserved and will make an unreal mount.

Brecks happy, Moms happy and I am blessed!

Thanks for following and hope all enjoyed, God bless.

Rwc
    Attached Files

WOW! Just massive! Congrats to Breck!

Comment

Wow! Congrats to y'all! That is phenomenal! Y'all must be living right you've been blessed this year.

Comment

That's a cool buck! Congrats!

Comment

That's a great buck and he's heavy duty for sure, Congratulations!

Comment

That is just awesome. Glad to get the full story now! Congrats Richard and Breck!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Waydago

Comment

Congrats on a Great Buck!!

Comment

Wow! That’s a stud!

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment