Smallest property you've killed on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallest property you've killed on..

I'm putting in a set on 6 acres and man it's going to be different being able to see all sides at once.

Anyone else successful on small acreage?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smallest acreage I've hunted on is 21 acres outside of Meridian. Had alot of luck on that little piece of land.

Comment

10 acres. Deer didn’t live there, just traveled thru.

Comment

I shot a deer on 10 acres once. To be honest the shape and size of the property made it very likely the deer would make it off the property.

I shot one deer he ran 40 yards and hit the fence

Comment

Inlaws have a little 8 acre pasture beside their house. Feeder and bow stand on the south end. I have probably only hunted it 5-6 times over the last 10 years but I have killed two really good deer there. Lots of wooded acreage all around this little tract and deer pass through there all the time. 2 miles from my house so it is a convenient little set up for when I want to go hunt, but cant get to my normal hunting areas.

Comment

I owned a 3 acre lot in San Marcos. Blacksunshine and I killed several deer off of the place in the 10 years I owned it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just make sure you have permission to cross all fence lines onto surrounding properties to trail a deer!

I have a sweet 20 acre place that would be great for bow hunting, but one neighbor is an *** and there is no way he will let me onto his property, so I don't hunt that place because of it.

Comment

1.6 acres and 1.9 acres.
                A string tracker helps me eliminate tracking questions of distance and direction after shot. If the neighbors are noncompliant I wont use a lighted nock.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  Just make sure you have permission to cross all fence lines onto surrounding properties to trail a deer!

I have a sweet 20 acre place that would be great for bow hunting, but one neighbor is an *** and there is no way he will let me onto his property, so I don't hunt that place because of it.
                  I wouldnt let that deter you! If a deer ends up crossing property lines call the GW.

Comment

Currently 100ish acres but I do have a new spot this year that's 40ish acres I'm hoping deer will start hitting eventually.

Comment

I have only WT hunted off a 35 acre and a currently a 25 acre spot. Hell if you had 1 acre bordering a State or National Forest it would hunt better than most places. For bowhunting, find your maximum distance and that is the radius of the circle you actually hunt so like and eight of an acre.

Comment

15 acres in comal county. Killed a nice 8 with big brow tines. Buck shot at maybe 7 yards, right in the neck when he stepped from behind a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                          I wouldnt let that deter you! If a deer ends up crossing property lines call the GW.
                          That may or may not help. A GW cannot force a landowner to allow access.

Comment

I killed a freak 3 point on my 10 acres back on January 1, 2014.

Comment

667 acres. Can get dicey

Comment

Working...
                              X