X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the help so far

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually buy 1 or 2 on black friday on Amazon for a couple hundred dollars. I store everything on the cloud and external hard drive. When/if they break, I shed no tears and replace with a spare.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a ten year old Mac book that until recently was just humming along… the coronavirus some how got into it but a quick rub of ivermectin cured it right up

JK I could not help myself… a Mac book is going to be a big investment but will last her a long time… look around there are generally places that refurbish them and sell them at reasonable prices…

Comment

If she just needs something for school I would buy something like HP Pavillion

If it is for work spend more money if you want and get the Mac

Probably not going to be treated the best and more $$= bigger target for a thief

Only other suggestion is either buy one with SSD or spend an extra $100 and buy one to replace the mechanical hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
              I usually buy 1 or 2 on black friday on Amazon for a couple hundred dollars. I store everything on the cloud and external hard drive. When/if they break, I shed no tears and replace with a spare.
              I might have just got lucky. The two that I got work great. I tried to find one that was 2017 or newer that had plenty of storage. I erased all of the old stuff on them and they have been working perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                So you are a fanboy.
                I am absolutely a fan-man.. I couldn't imagine going back to a PC. As mentioned above, I think pricing is standard/fixed. His daughter wants a MacBook--get her a MacBook.

Comment

Bought my daughter a MacBook Air sophomore year in HS, and she is about to graduate college. Still works fine. You can get education pricing (about $100 off) if you know a teacher. Get free AirPods for new college kids and their parents too

Comment

Costco has Mac Book Air with an M Chip (better and faster chip than the intel i5) 8GB Memory and 125 GB SSD for $850. deal expires on 9/26. They have the same machine with 256 GB SSD for $1100.
                    Good deal right there.

Comment

Windows or Chrome good for about 2 maybe 3 years
                      MacBook good for at least 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        Costco has Mac Book Air with an M Chip (better and faster chip than the intel i5) 8GB Memory and 125 GB SSD for $850. deal expires on 9/26. They have the same machine with 256 GB SSD for $1100.
                        Good deal right there.
                        Get one with at the very least 500 GB. we bought for your boys when each were freshman in high school and they used them all through college. Been 8 years now. Both MacBook pros are still running.

For 1300 dollars, how many phones will you run through in five years?

Also we got the family Microsoft Office.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                          Get one with at the very least 500 GB. we bought for your boys when each were freshman in high school and they used them all through college. Been 8 years now. Both MacBook pros are still running.

For 1300 dollars, how many phones will you run through in five years?

Also we got the family Microsoft Office.
                          I'm ok with 256 GB SSD, because I store all my pictures on an external hard drive. What I really want is a 16 GB Memory. All they have is 8 GB memory which is still ok and I may end up getting it anyways if I can't find a 16 gb. I have to buy from Costco, because I have a $400 store credit.

Comment

I buy my laptops “refurbished” at www.Dell.com/outlet. These systems are mostly canceled orders or systems that were part of an application or build failure at the factory. They are better tested than “new” or normal builds.

Comment

Working...
                            X