No announcement yet.

Advice on 2wd vs 4wd 65hp tractor w/ loader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x4 resale value far exceeds that of a 2wd too!

Comment

I have a 5325 and actually use the 4x4 a lot. It is usually engaged 5-10 seconds thing and then back to 2wd, but it is used often. The bigger the tractor(90hp+) the more you can get by without 4wd.

Comment

To me a 2wd tractor is a lot like a 2wd Jeep. It may be fine most of the time, but when you need it and don't have it you'll definitely wish you spent the extra. That's my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Holy ****!
          Well, so much for buying a new tractor…
          They do make emission delete kits for the newer tractors, atleast for Case and John Deere.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
            If you going to be doing any dirt or Deerlease work at all get the 4x4.
            ^^^^^^^^ what he said.

Comment

Been on 2wd tractors most of my life. Just like having 4wd you know what and when you can do stuff. Doesn’t sound like have to have the 4wd. Save the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Keep looking for an older 4x4 without emission crap on it. Maybe orange in color too.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                  They do make emission delete kits for the newer tractors, atleast for Case and John Deere.
                  I didn’t know that. Thanks

Comment

Any front end loader work really needs 4WD. If you are pulling a disc it is also highly recommended you have 4WD. I use 2WD on my tractor when I'm using the grapple or doing "lighter" work but if I'm using the FEL or I'm pulling the box blade, I'm in 4WD every time. The reason I switch out is that it tears up the ground more in 4WD when making sharp turns.

Comment

My 4wd is clutch for me when using the loader bucket and moving materials. I get a better bite and scoop much more material in 4wd versus 2wd.

I moved several tons of rock and soil yesterday and it wouldve taken alot longer in 2wd.

Even when I move heavy objects with the tractors forks on my hills on my gravel lane I find my rear tires slipping on the gravel and I subsequently have to shift to 4wd.

Good luck MrTrevor.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                        I was told and have witnessed personally a couple of time that with a 2 wd loading the fe loader can be frustrating.

with a really big bite, the rear wheels get light and lose traction.
                        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          My 4wd is clutch for me when using the loader bucket and moving materials. I get a better bite and scoop much more material in 4wd versus 2wd.

I moved several tons of rock and soil yesterday and it wouldve taken alot longer in 2wd.

Even when I move heavy objects with the tractors forks on my hills on my gravel lane I find my rear tires slipping on the gravel and I subsequently have to shift to 4wd.

Good luck MrTrevor.
                          How big is your tractor?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Definitely something to look into when that warranty runs out

Comment

I have a 4wd Kabota. I don’t always need 4wd, but when I do its the difference between being stuck and continuing to work.

Comment

i don't think the 5075 will use def. It will have the DPF. Here is somethings i ask the customer when they ask about tractors with emissions:
                                1. Are you the only one running it? if yes then you should be fine, if a crew will be using it, then stay away from it. You will take care of it, a crew usually won't.
                                2. What are you using it for? the emissions tractors need to run at 17-1800 rpms at all times, pre-emission ones don't.

Let me know if i can help you. We sell used tractors daily. Here is our website www.jandksales.net

Comment

Working...
                                X