Hammer Feeder Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammer Feeder Installation

I’m getting ready to convert the feeder below with the hammer system featured below. I don’t see any installation instructions on the website. I’m assuming the feeder unit just slips inside the protein tube and it bolts up? I’m assuming the hammer system is pre-drilled and I’ll just need to drill the feeder tube? Going to cut and drill the feeder tube higher up so the protein head isn’t sitting too low. Just trying to get everything squared away so I don’t drive out to the feeder and not have everything I need to set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s super easy, may have to extend your legs a bit

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
      It’s super easy, may have to extend your legs a bit

Is there something I can use to extend them or do I need to buy longer feeder legs?

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
        Is there something I can use to extend them or do I need to buy longer feeder legs?

Probably be easier to buy new legs

Comment

Is that a barrel band on the feeder the legs are attached to? If it is and you can move it down, you wont have to get new legs.

Comment

Things may of changed now but the one I have doesn’t have a tube on the bottom where the lower feeder part attaches. They come with corner clamps that have to be drilled. I made a plate with a hole thru the center for the feed to pass thru and welded on a tube that the feeder spout would slide thru. This way the top was the same as the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMU84 View Post
              Things may of changed now but the one I have doesn’t have a tube on the bottom where the lower feeder part attaches. They come with corner clamps that have to be drilled. I made a plate with a hole thru the center for the feed to pass thru and welded on a tube that the feeder spout would slide thru. This way the top was the same as the bottom.

I’m trying to avoid any welding/fabrication for sure so hopefully not needed. I’m not savvy with that but I have a buddy that is and he likes cold beer [emoji51][emoji1787]

Comment

I’d almost cut the tube coming down from
                The barrel shorter too. I have a boss buck that I have since shortened the tube even more and made new legs.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have the large Boss Buck w/ Hammer, etc. I had longer legs made.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                    I have the large Boss Buck w/ Hammer, etc. I had longer legs made.

Nice. Where did you get the longer legs?

Comment

Norton Metals in Ft. Worth. I would think any local metal fabrication / welding shop would have the material and be able to cut it.

Comment

Working...
                      X