• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermos keeping hot hot longer

Ok I lost or it got stolen my old thermos coffee container
    Need some advice,
    I bought a brand new 1.5 liter thermos and it’s not keeping my stuff hot
    1. I “ prime it with 175 +/- degree hot water straight from the coffee maker overnight
    2. Empty it , refill with hot straight from maker 175+/- degree coffee , 1st cup is hot , 2nd cup is cooler about 150+/- , 3rd cup is just barely hot 135+/-
    It has a pour through screw on cap and a silver baby cup lid
    Question is do I need to keep 2nd baby cup lid on to keep the heat in ?
    Or is it defective?
    All this is over the morning chores 2-3 hours max
    What am I doing wrong? As my old thermos kept stuff boiling hot most of the day

All I know is the newer ones suck . The old ones my dad had kept coffee hot all day . Mine is only good for a few hours .

Comment

I've been using a Stanley for 30+ years. All stainless and can't be destroyed. I lost the little cup and stopper when it fell off my motorcycle one morning. Bought a new stopper and it still going with no cup. I fill it up in the morning and have hot coffee into the afternoon.

Comment

Sounds like yours lost vacuum.

Comment

buy one of the yeti, rtic, etc jugs w a lid, many sizes the one I have keeps coffee warm for hours

Comment

All 3 of mine keep coffee hot all day. Instead of using hot water from coffee pot I use water from our boiling pot.

I will add that I had a Stanley that did that and threw it away and bought a Thermos brand.
            Last edited by tx_basser; 02-15-2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
              All 3 of mine keep coffee hot all day. Instead of using hot water from coffee pot I use water from our boiling pot.

I will add that I had a Stanley that did that and threw it away and bought a Thermos brand.
              I don't have to pre-heat my Stanley. I just fill it with coffee and go. Ain't never let me down.
              Last edited by Goldeneagle; 02-15-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Got the Rtic in a couple of sizes. Seem to work a whole bunch better than the other assorted brands I have.

Comment

Thermos on Amazon for 29$

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                    Got the Rtic in a couple of sizes. Seem to work a whole bunch better than the other assorted brands I have.
                    Those are good too, mine keeps coffee hot all day

Comment

I had a Bubba jug , however it didn’t fit any type of holder, and wanted to turnover and leaked everything out , I guess I have to remember to put that little silver cup back on after every use to see if that helps
                      Maybe my expectations are to high on Stanley

Comment

Stanley rigs have a life time warranty. They have replaced two for me. I guess as mentioned above they lose their vacuum and no longer will keep liquids hot.

Comment

Ive got a few Hydro Flask thermos from my previous company. Ive carried them in the mountains of ID and MT in some cold weather, and still had hot coffee late that afternoon from an early morning brew. That wasn't preheating the thermos either.

Comment

A guy walks into a store and sees something. He asks what it is. "Why, it's a thermos." The clerk replies. "What does it do?" The man asks. "It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold." The clerk replies. "By golly, that's amazing!" The man replies. So he buys the thermos.

The next day he's walking down the street when he sees his friends. "What's that?" They ask. "Why, it's a thermos." The man replies. "What does it do?" The friends ask. "It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold." The man replies. "By golly that's amazing!" The friends exclaim, "what do you have in it?"

"Two cups of coffee and a popsicle."

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              Sounds like yours lost vacuum.
                              Yep. Made some coffee and poured it in my newer (4 or so years old) thermos for my nightshift. Ran off and left it. I thought my wife emptied it so I didn't think anything of it till I needed it 2 days later and it still had the coffee in it. Poured it out and it was still steaming!

Comment

Working...
                              X