Henry single shot .410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry single shot .410

Looking to pick up a .410 for squirreling and to eventually hand down to my son when he’s old enough. Was leaning toward the Henry single shot break-open, but was hoping the GS had some reviews on this one first. Anyone own or shoot one before? Any other good .410 hunting shotguns that are recommended?

Thanks!

Henry is great but on high side...I'm big on single shot/break open ..for safety/learning/how to treat and care for firearms...
    just a side thought have you considered a 20ga...Shooting the light loads recoil is simular to 410...and then it still is capable of heavy loads almost to 12ga std loads....and when I been shopping price 20 shells are cheaper and on sale often ...410 almost never...

I own both but neither are HENRY gt a 12 too

Comment

I only have experience with Henry singe shot rifles, but they are great. A little heavy on the trigger pull, but it's easy enough to replace a spring. (I have a free replacement spring if you decide to go that route)

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        I only have experience with Henry singe shot rifles, but they are great. A little heavy on the trigger pull, but it's easy enough to replace a spring. (I have a free replacement spring if you decide to go that route)

Picked up a Henry single-shot from Bass Pro and headed out to the squirrel woods. PM en route!!

Comment

Can get a yildiz 410 for $100. Nice little gun for the money. Have to agree on the 20ga though. Shells are cheaper than 410 shells.

Comment

Be Safe and enjoy...Happy Hunting & Chootin...

Comment

TXAG,

I PM’d you for spring info as I like the rifle and its user friendly disassembly but can’t cope with the spring, hammer and trigger pull.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X