No announcement yet.

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to look really cool walk through there and don't brush off the spiders or webs. Just act like they don't even exist. Your kids will think you are super mountain man.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
      If you want to look really cool walk through there and don't brush off the spiders or webs. Just act like they don't even exist. Your kids will think you are super mountain man.
      .....and they will wave goodbye as the spiders carry you off into the grasslands. No sir, I'll keep my spider stick. Those spiders are probably the reason I haven't been seeing many dove this season. They all got ate.

Comment

Scouted a few smaller units yesterday (crossing my fingers they won't be busy on Tuesdays and Wednesdays). Did not see anything that was alive, but I hauled out a few beer cans (seriously people?). I found TONS on pig tracks with a few deer tracks scattered about. Didn't notice and stands or cameras (if you see a giant human in a bright green shirt that's me lol). Hopefully we get some rain the next few days so I can get a better idea how active these spots are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a few nice ones on camera. Hopefully I can get on one during season! Did some scouting last Saturday and found some beds and fresh rubs. Can't wait for next Saturday!
          Attached Files

Comment

Man! After reading this thread and seeing all the pictures, makes me more confident about hunting here this year! This is my first year to hunt since moving from Commiefornia, I mean California, back in 2011. I did some scouting over the past weekend and covered about 8 miles between a few units. Found a couple that look a little promising but well see come season! Being my first time to bow hunt, I'm excited. I just bought my bow Thursday and now I'm down until season starts because my string broke on Sunday . But if anyone is interested, and doesn't already know about it, they are having a white tail boot camp out there Sunday morning, I will be attending for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
              Man! After reading this thread and seeing all the pictures, makes me more confident about hunting here this year! This is my first year to hunt since moving from Commiefornia, I mean California, back in 2011. I did some scouting over the past weekend and covered about 8 miles between a few units. Found a couple that look a little promising but well see come season! Being my first time to bow hunt, I'm excited. I just bought my bow Thursday and now I'm down until season starts because my string broke on Sunday . But if anyone is interested, and doesn't already know about it, they are having a white tail boot camp out there Sunday morning, I will be attending for sure!
              Anymore info about this Sunday? What exactly is it? Link?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's on the lbj Facebook page.

Comment

LBJ deer hunters Facebook page

Comment

LBJ Grasslands Deer Hunters on FB

Sunday Sept. 22 at Black Creek Lake. Starts between 0600-0700. If you ask to join the page be sure and answer the three questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bootcamp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24592455

Comment

Looks like someone already did it for me lol, but yeah its bright and early!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                        Sunday Sept. 22 at Black Creek Lake. Starts between 0600-0700. If you ask to join the page be sure and answer the three questions.

[ATTACH]972778[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for posting! I dont have FB. Can I just show or is registration necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                          Thanks for posting! I dont have FB. Can I just show or is registration necessary?

You can just show up! You obviously have to pay the 2 or 3 dollar gate fee at black creek lake but that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                            You can just show up! You obviously have to pay the 2 or 3 dollar gate fee at black creek lake but that's it!
                            Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!

No problem bud! If you come out, I'll probably have some sort of freedom powersports attire on, whether it be my hat or a t shirt [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just come on out. I think there are around 20+ folks planning to be there. There should be some good information on public hunting, tactics, equipment etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X