No announcement yet.

TV streaming services - which ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After doing some research, I see that you can upgrade your Hulu with the Disney+ package to Hulu with Live TV. These two deals are the same price. Which one is best?

A. Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Youtube TV
    B. Disney+, Hulu with Live TV, ESPN+

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      I'm leaning toward that package + Youtube TV or Sling.

For those who have tried it, what's better youtubeTV or Sling? Sling is $10/month cheaper for the orange and blue package but I may not need orange since the disney+ package includes ESPN so that may make it even cheaper to go with a sling.

Hulu for live local channels and other entertainment channels. Sling for sports channels. I'm paying $55/month for Hulu live and Hulu basic while $25/month for sling orange.

Hulu has a set of more than 60 channels but it's a bit expensive when compared with a sling. Also, addon available with Hulu is too less. Sling is cheaper, offers a free trial and up to 40% off for new users.
      Last edited by herall; 02-24-2020, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I just signed up with Hulu live for a free 7 day trial and so far it’s good. Included my locals and FoxSW. We also have Netflix and amazon prime. I was paying $220 for directTV choice package and had enough. I had the customer loyalty department number and would call once a year and they would knock it down some but I’m tired of doing that.

Hulu has a good amount of sports and history, A&E plus Disney channels for the kids was kind of everything we watched on directv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My outdoor TV is pretty awesome. I think I paid $100 for the year

Comment

We have Sling, Hulu, and Netflix. Had Disney+ but I cancelled it because it doesn’t work well over here. Will probably add it back once we’re stateside again.

Comment

We do Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon and use an OTA antenna for basic cable channels. We'll never go back to cable. I also do espn+ for the UFC fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                Kids wanted Disney+ and with that I was able to convince my wife to drop cable TV for all streaming services. Which ones are must haves?

All total want to spend no more than $75/month on them.
                I just did this too. How are people watching the news ? Local live stuff. Antenna ?

Comment

AT&T tv

Look into it. Best thing I ever did

Last edited by K. Lane; 02-24-2020, 07:56 AM.

Comment

tagged

I really should do this.

Comment

We ditched DirecTV and went with YoutubeTV about a month ago and have been really happy with it so far. I've still got to figure out a way to watch Astros but other than that I wish we would have done it years ago.

Comment

I pay $15 / mo. for every TV channel imaginable. It has every local FOX CBS ABC or NBC channel in every major city. Also has PPV options. Just need a firestick.

Comment

I had sling and dropped it for Youtube TV. Much happier and I was able to drop Directv at ranch and house.

Comment

We have Hulu and like it!

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                              I just did this too. How are people watching the news ? Local live stuff. Antenna ?

My Hulu live gives me locals fox,cbs,nbc,abc and a couple smaller other. I believe YouTube tv and sling offer locals too depending on where you are located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

YouTube TV, Netflix, Disney+ Hulu ESPN package.

Antenna

No cable or satellite service.

Comment

Working...
                                X