Remington Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Didn’t know Beretta/Benelli had an issue?
    They ALL do at some point. Customer service can be the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      The V3 and Versamax have been solid performers.Any issues have been taken care of quickly by Remington. That's ALOT more than I can say about Beretta/Benelli.
      Not familiar with Beretta A400's having issues. Mine are absolute workhorses any time, any temp, anywhere. Love em.

Comment

I bought a 700 long Range in 7 Mag. It is dead accurate. Near single hole with 162 ELD-X at 100 yrds. Don't know that it is the same action as the normal 700, but I am extremely pleased with the rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
          So you’re the one that beats me to all the older 700’s! I have an addiction to them as well, in my opinion they are far superior to the newer ones. Do you have a hard time finding them in short action?
          Yes they are hard to find but I did find one in 6mm varmint, built in the 70's, in mint condition.. It is a sweet shooter.. I actually found it on here..

Comment

This just happened to a buddys sons rifle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	87174687_117474319830473_2608490151764033536_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	24609018

Comment

While I think they are good today, they were much better in the 70's to 80's. With the cost of budget guns going down, quality has gone down as well. I personally believe that the upper tier models are built by the old top hands in the plant and less qualified employees are pumping out the budget lines. As far as QC goes.. that's a personal inspector's view of the product and it's required specs. The definition of Quality is Conformance to specifications. I know this because I'm a QC inspector as well. So it actually depends on each product lines requirements. And in all reality unless you are working at a firearms factory, we really don't know if there's different requirements for say an ADL, SPS, or BDL. There may be tighter tolerances not just cosmetic. For the record... All I will buy in the future will be Remington 700's.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                They ALL do at some point. Customer service can be the difference.

I’ve had one warranty item dealing with them and it was as easy as could be. Mailed them the part, they mailed me a new replacement part within a week. Worked out just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

My daughter bought an 870 express 20 gauge and it wouldn't eject spent rounds using Remington Ammo. After doing research, i learned that they had a quality control problem with tool marks in the chambers that were causing malfunctions. After inspection I could see tooling marks in the chamber and I had to polish the chamber to get it to function properly. I could have sent it back to Remington for free repair, but it would have taken 4 to 6 weeks to return. We were going on a paid for white wing hunt the next weekend. She is now hunting with a Beretta A300. That will probably be the last Remington purchased in my family and I have been a fan most of my life. So many other brands out there that have great quality control.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                      But the A300 feels like cheap junk to me, and the A400 is front heavy.
                      If the A300 feels like cheap junk then I fkn LOVE cheap junk lol smh. Year 7 bangin still.

Comment

Working...
                      X