Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Im obsessed with a particular deer...again... May end this season with all my tags.
    Any luck with this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Coming View Post
      The only way the pics can distract from these stories if you aren't reading them. If that's the case, you're missing out
      Indeed great stories keep the pics

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        Any luck with this guy?
        Had him at 20yds but dad couldnt see him good enough to shoot.... Hes still around though.

Comment

Youth Buck

I have three young nephews that i really enjoy hunting with. When they were 7,7, and 9 years old i took them all hunting and all three killed a doe that year. In january, I just happened to remember that there was another youth season so i invited the oldest(Jesse) along on a buck hunt. I knew my bucks were grouped up and really in my santuaries so i took him to Dads stand that i described in the SLEEPER BUCK post. The deer were really hammering the food plot and the feeder was still running although we hadnt been there in almost a month.

We got in the tent blind about 230pm and the feeder threw at 3. Minutes later seven does rolled in. As soon as they got settled in, I saw a rack pop up over a little rise from us. The buck came right in and was a decent young 8pt. I knew he wasnt alone and sure enough he was followed by a tall mature 7pt and a stud 9pt with kickers off his 2s. the 9 was mature and had a ton off mass on tall tines but I just couldnt be positive he was AR legal .

They all settled in around the feeder and shortly i saw another rack pop up on the hill. I looked out my peep hole to my right and saw four deer about 200yds across the little field headed our way also. I got one bino lense to the hole and could see that they were all good bucks! When i looked back out front, there was a string of deer coming over the little rise and horns waving! One was a heavy ten (the same deer dad killed the next year) and behind him was a brute bodied 8pt about 17 inside.

Now im looking at 18 deer, eleven of which are bucks and its not even 4pm yet! That string of bucks made it to the feeder and scattered the other deer. I knew the other bachelor group was coming in from my right but That mature 8pt was broad side and i had so many deer at 20yds i was afraid we would get busted. Jesse was watching them through the scope of my 280 when i gave him the thumbs up on the mature 8pt. I was about to start coaching him on the shot when the gun boomed and the 8pt folded up. He had been on him the entire time and just waiting on my ok.

What a hunt! Jesse was pretty happy but his little brother...not as much since he hadnt shot a buck yet. Guess which is which from the picture.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GarGuy; 07-24-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Awesome story!

Comment

Dad Whacked An ETex 8pt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put my Dad on my favorite spot yesterday. He has had a crippled hand for many years and shoots a crossbow. I have several good bucks coming in and really wanted him to shoot one. When we got ready to go, he said," Im gonna shoot me a big doe!" Now if he wanted to shoot a big doe, there were plenty OTHER spots to do it! LOL. I said as much but then bit my tongue and told him to shoot whatever he wanted to.

Dad doesn't use a cell ph and he dropped me off at my spot on the way so I was watching deer all evening figuring he was out of arrows by now, as I was covered in deer.

At dark, he picked me up and was almost like a kid. Said he shot a big buck broad side at 30yds. Didn't have a clue what he looked like except he was BIG! LOL! We gave him an hour and went back to look. Great lung blood where he was standing and the bolt laying ten yards away covered in blood. A short 50yd red carpet and there he lay. Dad doesn't see great at night nor does he get along very well so I beat him to the deer. I said," Its a big ol doe! I thought you said it was a buck?" He says, " Well it was getting late but I sure thought she had wide horns". He was grinning ear to ear when he got up there and saw him.

Not a monster by any stretch but a really nice 5.5 year old east Tx buck. I think I enjoyed it as much as he did. I know some of you don't like tailgate pics but it is just impossible to get Dad down on the ground now days so I did the best I could.
              Attached Files

Comment

GarGuy your dad cracks me up. He's, what, in his 80's? and still gets giddy over those big bucks. Love the stories as always!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  GarGuy your dad cracks me up. He's, what, in his 80's? and still gets giddy over those big bucks. Love the stories as always!

Not only is he... Well... "Post Mature", he's killed a PILE of big bucks. When Steve and I scored his 180's deer he said, "He's the biggest one I've killed, but not the biggest I'm gonna kill." That man is full of spunk!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Dads "Sleeper" buck

We had an amazing spot of private property that belonged to my cousin for many years. Sadly, he sold it recently. We would have bought it had we known it was even a possibility but someone made him an offer he couldnt refuse.

Anyway, it was set up perfect. There was a giant National forest clearcut behind it and no access. The private land had heavy woods with lots of whiteoaks and a 10 acre pie shaped field that bordered the massive thicket and separated it from the acorns. There was a creek and over grown fence row that crossed it making an amazing travel route as well as cutting off all visibility of the little field. The fence row gave a perfect approach and the stand was on a pond dam just inside so we could get in and out of the stand without any eposure.
                    !
                    Do you happen to recall the person who bought that place?

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                      Do you happen to recall the person who bought that place?
                      No joke. I'd like to make him an offer LOL

Comment

Awesome stories followed by awesome pics! Gotta love it!
                        Keep 'em coming GarGuy

Comment

No disrespect to Garguy, but there are no deer in East Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            No joke. I'd like to make him an offer LOL
                            Lol, nah, just curious. If my memory serves me correct that sounds real familiar to a property I've had described to me over that way.

Comment

Enjoying these

Comment

Man I love this thread, I've almost read it again from the start. It's unreal how many bruisers y'all have outsmarted in y'all's day. The guys I work with will go all year hunting in ETX and only see a couple of deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X