• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z7
    69 pounds
    28.5 DL
    GOLDTIP PRO HUNTER 7595

Comment

I've shot the same set up since 2009 and had it shooting darts with numerous bh's. But since I put new string on I haven't gotten it back to my standards

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
        I've shot the same set up since 2009 and had it shooting darts with numerous bh's. But since I put new string on I haven't gotten it back to my standards

What brand string???

Comment

Arrow seems right unless excessively long. At a and brace within specs?

Comment

you can ship your bow to me and i will tune it for you for 75 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              What brand string???

Korbins

Comment

Korbins
                Rtflmao!!!!!!! Ima leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Starting rotation is off causing poor vertical nock travel

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                    Starting rotation is off causing poor vertical nock travel

Could you explain that in terms I can understand.. Lol
                    Starting rotation means my nocking point?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      Rtflmao!!!!!!! Ima leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Backspace......

Comment

Could you explain that in terms I can understand.. Lol
                        Starting rotation means my nocking point?
                        sure, let me be a little more specific.

there is a relationship between the rest, nocking point and cam starting rotation. if one of these is changed then vertical stringing can occur. when the bow was previously set up with the old string (when new) there was a starting rotation on the cam, more than likely the rest was installed with the arrow running through the berger(s) and the nock point set somewhere close to perpendicular. without making any changes to the rest we can change vertical poi by either adding or removing twists (aka retarding or advancing the cam(s)). the nock point is simply a reference as it floats on the string relative to the rest but has no relationship to the draw force curve imparted by the cams eccentrics. therefore you are essentially trying to fix bad rotation on the cam by overcoming it with the nocking point.

most bows should tune pretty close to nock level, or slightly high ( 1/8"). this means that the starting rotation is pretty close to optimal, with the best way to tell is by running the bow through a chrono as most bows will make optimal speed this way. of course, this can be magnified by broadheads like most tuning problems but may not be evident shooting field tips.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                          sure, let me be a little more specific.

there is a relationship between the rest, nocking point and cam starting rotation. if one of these is changed then vertical stringing can occur. when the bow was previously set up with the old string (when new) there was a starting rotation on the cam, more than likely the rest was installed with the arrow running through the berger(s) and the nock point set somewhere close to perpendicular. without making any changes to the rest we can change vertical poi by either adding or removing twists (aka retarding or advancing the cam(s)). the nock point is simply a reference as it floats on the string relative to the rest but has no relationship to the draw force curve imparted by the cams eccentrics. therefore you are essentially trying to fix bad rotation on the cam by overcoming it with the nocking point.

most bows should tune pretty close to nock level, or slightly high ( 1/8"). this means that the starting rotation is pretty close to optimal, with the best way to tell is by running the bow through a chrono as most bows will make optimal speed this way. of course, this can be magnified by broadheads like most tuning problems but may not be evident shooting field tips.

Thank you sir, I am a little picky about my bow. Good info bud thanks

Comment

your cam should have a timing hole, how does the cable pass through the hole? centered is the starting point.

Comment

Yes that is centered ^^^

Comment

is your bow maxed out or turned down?

Comment

Working...
                                X