First age and score for me in years!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
    Any help on when I can catch him on his feet in daylight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have a great moon. Maybe wait for a temp change? Personally, with the limited info, I think he is bedding somewhere very close to you. You could be pushing him out when going into your hunting area.

I would try to enter from a different direction...OR...I would start walking back there hand corning every day or every other day in your hunting area. Associate the activity and smell with food. The closer we get to winter, the more hungry he will get.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      You have a great moon. Maybe wait for a temp change? Personally, with the limited info, I think he is bedding somewhere very close to you. You could be pushing him out when going into your hunting area.

I would try to enter from a different direction...OR...I would start walking back there hand corning every day or every other day in your hunting area. Associate the activity and smell with food. The closer we get to winter, the more hungry he will get.

Not sure if this helps, but 15-17 mins or so before he was on My camera, I caught him in the middle of our county road in Pic at the top right point. Bottom left point is feeder. 0.85 miles traveled on that time frame. I’m 96% sure it was same buck. Not sure if this helps but here’s some more info.

Comment

Here’s historical weather Data for the sightings as well. Not sure if I se a pattern or not.

Comment

Can you move the feeder to where you can hunt it?

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
            Can you move the feeder to where you can hunt it?

No, it’s her feeder lol. I have one north of there prob 2/3 of a mile. I never hunt over feeders typically.

Comment

4 115

Comment

I’d say the same as above 4 & 115

Comment

Haven’t hunted much over weekend. Was too busy. And he hasn’t come by since early Thursday morning. He was at my feeder from 10:15-10:30 this morning just now. Always coming in on some type of east wind (NE today). I think he may be coming from the west now? Anyone care to chime in? I was worried he was killed over the weekend but apparently lot.

Comment

Update: this guy is still alive as of Wednesday night. Haven’t seen him on the hoof yet but he’s been frequenting here. Mostly at night. First pic is at 6:40 pm in back 40, second pic by the house again.

Comment

Working...
                    X