Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Game Management/Age & Score/Trailcam Pics

Old 05-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #51
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurray View Post
Sold out
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #52
offthemap
Ten Point

Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard

Here's the link for the refurbished Spec Ops.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-SPE...3D371560489773
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #53
offthemap
Ten Point

And the link for the refurbished Dark Ops...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-DAR...3D281943964166
Old 05-26-2016, 03:40 PM   #54
dphillips62
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

I bought a new Strike Force Elite last Feb/March from TCP been out since the day I received it original batteries still @ 98% 150 + pics a week. Great picture quality and TCP gives you a SD card and an extra year on the warranty
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #55
offthemap
Ten Point

I own both the 2015 Strike Force and the Dark Ops. Love them both and are my favorite trail cameras.

Over the years I've used dozens of camera models (primos, moultrie, WGI, stealth, busnell, et al) the only one I will recommend other than the brownings are the scoutguard cameras.

Here is a comparison of the browning cameras, both 2015 & 2016 models from their website:

http://browningtrailcameras.com/camera-comparison/

Last edited by offthemap; 05-26-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #56
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Love my Browning Strike Force also and to me its the best overall camera on the market comparing:

1. Price
2. Battery Life
3. Delay
4. Pic Quality
5. Reliability

I had my hopes up for the Spypoint but the bad night IR pics is a turn off
gingib is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #57
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
Where did you see the night pics? I haven't seen any sample pics anywhere online. If this is true I guess I'll have a trailcam for sale on the cheap. Camera won't be sent to me till first week in June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
Some maybe looking for photo competition quality versus game cam useable quality.
I talked with TrailCamPro and they said its the same camera as the 11D basically with the solar option.

So that is where I went to look at the pics

I look for the best possible camera and pics as most of my pics are night time. And yes I love cameras and the best pics possible.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #58
Ryan81
Eight Point

Hunt In: NE Texas, Oklahoma

Anyone know about the Spypoint C9?

Cabelas has it on sale for 78 with a 10 mail in rebate. Normal price is listed as 130.
Ryan81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #59
BCBHunter712
Six Point

Hunt In: Northeast, Texas

I like the Moultrie M-990i cameras. You can usually find them on amazon around $110 bucks. Good pics and great videos day and night....
BCBHunter712 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #60
dc1986
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico

Bought 4 Bushnell Aggressors last year.Didn't do as well as I expected.On one the display will not come on when you start up the camera all the time.All 4 had run away and washed out pic issues.I updated the software and it helped some.Battery life,detection range,and pic quality was outstanding though.
dc1986 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2016, 09:11 PM   #61
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
Battery life,detection range,and pic quality was outstanding though.
Yes they are outstanding for this.

The new Bushnell Essential E2 for $149.99 has excellent reviews and is cheaper then the aggressor. I have 2 aggressors now
Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #62
Coyote Canyon
Four Point

Hunt In: Hunt Mexico

I wish I would have bought more of the moultrie D50's. They work as good as any Bushnell or cuddle back I have
Coyote Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #63
Mex Polack
Four Point

Hunt In: Mexico
Smile

Had Bushnell game cams for 6 plus yrs, just purchased 2 Browning Strike Force HD 10 MP, next trip down in Aug will see how they do, heard good things about these.
Mex Polack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #64
gingib
Pope & Young

I got gift card and need to buy one more camera. I am thinking Browning Strike Force HD(which I have and like) or the Bushnell Essential E2.

I liked the SPypoint but blurry pics and just average night time pics was a turn off for me
Old 06-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #65
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
I got gift card and need to buy one more camera. I am thinking Browning Strike Force HD(which I have and like) or the Bushnell Essential E2.

I liked the SPypoint but blurry pics and just average night time pics was a turn off for me
That E2 has good reviews. Not sure how they are to setup but the Brownings are really easy
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #66
Longue Carabine
Six Point

Hunt In: Medina County

I have tried many brands, but will now only buy Cuddebacks. The ones I have are on their 4th and 5th years and still working
Longue Carabine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #67
bige2461
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bowie County

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
I saw that and TCP is the best review company and unbiased as they come. I find the same results they see.

These below is all I use now after trying cameras for MANY YEARS!!!! Plus the one mentioned looks awesome but I want to look into it somemore

1. Browning Strike Force $129
2. Moultrie M888 $139
3. Bushnell Aggressor $179

IN NO ORDER..................AND I HAVE USED MANY MANY cameras over the years

I second that as this is what I use currently as well! They all have up to 100' flash range and less than a second trigger speed. Plus all three of these cameras are good on battery life.
bige2461 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #68
rjvero
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKK View Post
agree totally - we had five of them and they were all trash - and good luck trying to get any type of service from them. We will never use them again
Totally agree with this comment. Purchased 2 captures and broke down within a year. To expensive and customer service is terrible. Told me they could do nothing but sell me another.
rjvero is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #69
EastTexasTiger
Four Point

Have had good luck with the stealthcams. Just need the class 10 SD cards. Have had ours for 3 years now, no issues. Stealthcam also offers 50% off your next set if you send back your old models
EastTexasTiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #70
Truckville
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hardin & Edwards Co

Really like my Bushnells. Just got 2 of the new 14mp Aggressors & the pictures are great. They didn't change the appearance of the guts either, which I like. I haven't found another camera with as many options but still exceptionally easy to use. Only in the first month of operation, but so far so good. Like someone mentioned though they do have a hard time with wash out photos but I just attributed to extreme sun & heat lately. Time will tell.
Attached Images

Truckville is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #71
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Browning Strike Force cameras are slowly replacing all of our stuff... I had 4 Primos cams that all crapped out over the spring... all the strike force cameras are still 100%...
breederbuck33 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #72
bgleaton
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard County, TX

We have had 4 Bushnell trophy cameras for five years and they are still running strong. One of the five just started to take a little blurry picture, but other than that they have worked really well. I just purchased a new Moultrie and a Browning Dark Ops to see what the differences are and how they perform.
bgleaton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #73
TexasTrotline
Spike

I was lucky enough to find a few Moultrie A5's on sale for $30. Not the best camera, but easily worth the $30. Heck, my SD 16GB are almost half the cost of the camera...
TexasTrotline is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #74
Hix
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas- Gregg Co., Cass & Marion Co.

Browning strike force all the way for me.. You can catch em on sale from time to time at academy and I've seen 2 for $190 on eBay.
Software updates fix the black issues on the early models and make sure you turn if off if you pull the card and don't replace it with a spare or forget to put it back in. Mine will drain the battery fast if left on with no card.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2016, 05:32 PM   #75
TXgringo83
Six Point

Hunt In: Trout Creek, TX

I like the Browning Strike Force. I've had to use the customer service and they stand behind their product.
TXgringo83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #76
ethic1
Eight Point

Love my Brownings. Have 4 no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ethic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2016, 09:27 AM   #77
offthemap
Ten Point

This came to me in an email yesterday and I bought 2 of the 2016 Browning Strike Force cameras model# BTC5HDE

I have a couple of the 2014 models but this is hands down the best camera outside of the older HCO Scoutguards.

http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/browni...3#.V6CeyvkrKM8
Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #78
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthemap View Post
This came to me in an email yesterday and I bought 2 of the 2016 Browning Strike Force cameras model# BTC5HDE

I have a couple of the 2014 models but this is hands down the best camera outside of the older HCO Scoutguards.

http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/browni...3#.V6CeyvkrKM8
There's this Bushnell Essential E2 also at a great deal. It's rated a bit higher than the Strike Force overall so I got a couple to try out. Will be able to run them together and compare

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/prod...FUUdaQod210Nhw
Old 08-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #79
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
I get that but getting others like the Brownings if you only get 4yrs out of them it would still come out cheaper and get better pic quality. By the time you spent the same as one Reconyx you would have 15yrs or so out of them. That's if they only last 4years. I don't care if any last that long because they will likely be so much better then that I would want new ones anyway. Lots of cams already have better pics than Reconyx their selling point is lasting the longest.

Now if I wanted to buy once and last forever I would do that though. Plus it's a lot different to buy 5 for 500-550 than it is to buy one for almost the same.

Trust me I looked hard at them I just don't think I would want the same camera technology that long
Well I have done that. Nothing is more aggravating as seeing thousands of tracks in front of your camera and getting a half dozen pics and batteries showing full strength. Cheaper cams are pretty unreliable. Give me reliability for the next 15 years, I will take it. My 1st Reconyx has already out lasted and took more pics, saved more batteries than all Cuddeback and Primos cameras I owned. The only reason I would buy a cheaper camera is if I wanted to set it on public ground.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #80
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylegacy View Post
Well I have done that. Nothing is more aggravating as seeing thousands of tracks in front of your camera and getting a half dozen pics and batteries showing full strength. Cheaper cams are pretty unreliable. Give me reliability for the next 15 years, I will take it. My 1st Reconyx has already out lasted and took more pics, saved more batteries than all Cuddeback and Primos cameras I owned. The only reason I would buy a cheaper camera is if I wanted to set it on public ground.
Hey whatever works best for you.

Been a year since my Strike Force was set out and I just changed batteries last week. Great pic quality and we will see as the years go on durability. Technology changes so quick I just know I don't want the same ones that long anyway. I like new and updated. Even just the last 10years has been crazy the amount of progress in trail cams. I'm also not running 1-2 cams I have 5 now and have 8-9 setups to cover so $500 cams are a little much for that since it's my personal place and not a commercial operation
Old 08-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #81
offthemap
Ten Point

Quote:
Hey whatever works best for you.

Been a year since my Strike Force was set out and I just changed batteries last week. Great pic quality and we will see as the years go on durability. Technology changes so quick I just know I don't want the same ones that long anyway. I like new and updated. Even just the last 10years has been crazy the amount of progress in trail cams. I'm also not running 1-2 cams I have 5 now and have 8-9 setups to cover so $500 cams are a little much for that since it's my personal place and not a commercial operation
My thoughts exactly. I have 11 cameras and just ordered 2 more so I need them to be reliable, around 100 bucks, and have a useful life of 3-5 years.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #82
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

4th year with my Reconyx...stays in the woods year round. Only time it comes home is to clean it up or move to anther lease. I have 3.
If you are wanting the newest cams in the woods, then its a mute point and you would definetly be wasting your money.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #83
walker1983
Ten Point

Hunt In: Shackelford Co, Parker Co, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKK View Post
agree totally - we had five of them and they were all trash - and good luck trying to get any type of service from them. We will never use them again
x2
I spent around $250 for the Cuddeback Color C in Oct 2014. Cuddeback put it on back order after we placed the order - didn't arrive until Feb 2015.
It worked for a month - totally crapped out before the 2015 hunting season- they wouldn't fix or replace anything.

I hope the Cuddeback folks read some of these comments at their next board meeting.

Those Browning Strike force cams are great.
walker1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #84
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I have 11 cameras and just ordered 2 more so I need them to be reliable, around 100 bucks, and have a useful life of 3-5 years.
Dang I couldn't keep up wit 11 cameras.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #85
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
4th year with my Reconyx...stays in the woods year round. Only time it comes home is to clean it up or move to anther lease. I have 3.
If you are wanting the newest cams in the woods, then its a mute point and you would definetly be wasting your money.
What model are you running?
Old 08-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #86
bphillips
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1983 View Post
x2
I spent around $250 for the Cuddeback Color C in Oct 2014. Cuddeback put it on back order after we placed the order - didn't arrive until Feb 2015.
It worked for a month - totally crapped out before the 2015 hunting season- they wouldn't fix or replace anything.

I hope the Cuddeback folks read some of these comments at their next board meeting.

I think there is a reason Trail Cam Pro has this on a Cuddeback "review".. Sounds like they didn't like not living up to their claims to me
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #87
offthemap
Ten Point

Quote:
Dang I couldn't keep up wit 11 cameras.
Heck last year I had 16 but lost 5 due to flooding. It's a lot of work but I enjoy it and it keeps me up to date on the movement on 4 different properties.

A couple others got close to taking the plunge too... That stob in front of the feeder is a T-post on my feeder pen.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #88
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Quote:
What model are you running?
HC 500, I might have a 450 also.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #89
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Quote:
I think there is a reason Trail Cam Pro has this on a Cuddeback "review".. Sounds like they didn't like not living up to their claims to me
Yep!
Old 08-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #90
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Heck last year I had 16 but lost 5 due to flooding. It's a lot of work but I enjoy it and it keeps me up to date on the movement on 4 different properties.

A couple others got close to taking the plunge too... That stob in front of the feeder is a T-post on my feeder pen.
You know, I run a trap line from time to time and I know I have got some traps in the woods I couldn't remember where they were
Old 08-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #91
spread5150
Eight Point

Hunt In: West Texas, East Texas, Central Texas, South Texas

Picked up a 880 yesterday for 79. I have three others. Works great
spread5150 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #92
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1983 View Post
x2

I bought the Black out last year so I could get some vids at a cheap price, after a month andsaw the crappy quality and it wasn't what they said it was, went and got my money back and bought another Reconyx
Old 08-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #93
coffmanbr1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson County, Anderson County

Stick with the Browning! I bought three of them and I was just shocked they all worked day and night. Best camera I have every bought so far.
coffmanbr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 04:04 AM   #94
montyjackson
Nubbin' Buck

Earthtree Trail camera is definitely best trail camera on the market . That is because it has some of the most versatile video taking capability you will find on any game cam. You can set its very good 1080P video to be taken in time-lapse mode, at set intervals or in sensor activated 30-second bursts. If you like to take more video than photos with your trail came this one should get strong consideration from you. Other nice features on this Earthtree trail cam include its ability to take crystal clear 12MP photos, its 60í photo-taking range and its 24 infrared LED flash for nighttime photo taking. It also has an outstanding 0.5-second trigger activation time motion from the moment movement is sensed in front of the camera.
montyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 08:06 AM   #95
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

The best camera I have on my place is my Covert. You can buy all of theirs that are not wireless for less than $200.

Night time pictures are every clear with no white blow back. It picks up movement from about 20 yards and I very rarely have photos with no animals in them. Usually, those are squirrels or rabbits that are just underneath because they show up in the next photo.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #96
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Britches View Post
The best camera I have on my place is my Covert. You can buy all of theirs that are not wireless for less than $200.

Night time pictures are every clear with no white blow back. It picks up movement from about 20 yards and I very rarely have photos with no animals in them. Usually, those are squirrels or rabbits that are just underneath because they show up in the next photo.
What model?

I run 4 coverts, and they are good but I wouldn't call them my best cameras I run personally.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:49 PM   #97
tdwinklr
Eight Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
I bought the Black out last year so I could get some vids at a cheap price, after a month andsaw the crappy quality and it wasn't what they said it was, went and got my money back and bought another Reconyx
I've had my new BlackFlash in the field for several months now, lots of rain, takes good pics. Seems to be working fine. Had to call support once because the instructions sent with it were not up to date, they gladly walked me through the instructions I needed.

Last edited by tdwinklr; 11-07-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: sp
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #98
dhall
Ten Point

Hunt In: new place

Do not get Spypoint
dhall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #99
bowmansdad
Pope & Young

Iíve had a Strikeforce out for 2 years, flawless performance, changed batteries once just because I wanted to. Average 1k pics per month all high quality.
bowmansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top