Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big buck poached, Freestone county

Just saw this on OGT

Do they give a $1000 reward for a low fence 130" deer on someone's property?

Comment

get a rope....

Comment

Pos

Comment

Hope they get whoever did this. Pretty recognizable rack.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
            Pretty sure they do, OGT

Can't give any examples though

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Pretty sure they do, OGT

Can't give any examples though
              Yep!

Comment

Which will get you in more trouble, poaching a deer or shooting someones livestock? To me that deer was livestock. Maybe the poaching charge is worse. They need to charge the person with whatever will do the most damage.

Comment

I hope they catch the POS(s) that did that and in regards to JustinJ’s post, I hope Freestone County GW focuses efforts on all deer poached in that county.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                    Which will get you in more trouble, poaching a deer or shooting someones livestock? To me that deer was livestock. Maybe the poaching charge is worse. They need to charge the person with whatever will do the most damage.
                    X2

Comment

Gonna be hard to hide that. I bet ol boy is getting as far away from that rack as he can.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing is for sure. A big rack will make an otherwise good man do some stupid things.

Comment

Or robbing someone's house.

I like how they try to be dramatic and say "Only the head was taken and the carcass left to waste"

Give us a break. The antlers on that thing were 99.5% of the deer worth. Lets not pretend for one second that buck was grown for it's meat.

That said, get a rope. It takes balls to climb, cut (however) a HF and shoot then steal the head of a buck like that.

Comment

Don't much like poachers and horse/cattle thieves.

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                            $1000 for a reward but not $53K fine/restitution...
                            Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            One thing is for sure. A big rack will make an otherwise good man do some stupid things.
                            I see what you did there

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X