Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lola’s 5x6 shooting house. A next level blind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lola’s 5x6 shooting house. A next level blind!

This project started out a simple rifle stand.... but I can’t do simple. It’s not in me. So after a month of building here and there I have it complete in time for Christmas morning. I got most phases captured.

Enjoy

Frame built from 1.5” 14ga. Built legs on a jig so they are all perfectly square and matching. 22* legs
    Attached Files

Complete frame. I can lift myself and walk with it. Of 8-24’ joints, I had less than 4’ left
    Attached Files

Comment

Outside skinned in T-111 and trimmed. Inside frames on 2’ centers to provide enough support
      Attached Files

Comment

All windows are 11”x23” openings and metal flashing with drip ledge
        Attached Files

Comment

... yep it’s insulated. And every seam inside entire blind is siliconed before hand
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Next inside walls installed and shelves. Windows are 40” floor to bottom. 42” is standard... but it’s for kids and my wife as I don’t rifle hunt... plus I think 42” is too high for me as well
              Attached Files

Comment

Next every seam was caulked and painted with red guard. Red guard is what I put in walk in showers to make a rubber membrane that’s 100% water proof. It’s like plastic dip. Goes on hot pink dries red
                Attached Files

Comment

Outside done same way. This wasn’t finished product. Every single screw, seam, trim. Everything was caulked and red guarded
                  Attached Files

Comment

Primed and painted 3 coats of semi gloss paint on outside
                    Attached Files

Comment

Caulked and painted 2 coats inside above shelf line
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Had a bunch of cedar left from my remodel and used it to trim windows and shelf. Windows were “dado” (sp?) cut 1/4”strong to fit the 1/4 acrylic windows I cut.

Rubber backer boat grade carpet glued on walls. Each panel cut separate and perfect. Looks really sharp and clean

Tip: on windows slightly round corners and they slide like on greased ball bearings. File works great... what I use on duck calls
                          Attached Files

Comment

Windows drilled and fitted for 550 cord with a flat melt on outside for right smooth clearance. These allow you to leave closed and open any one you want without getting “in the window “. Pull cord and windows come up smooth as glass and silent. Loop on... yep Don Julio toppers (personal touch). All done without movement from window view
                            Attached Files

Comment

Once all messy work and pre drilling all the interior holes was done. I glued the floor in.

Tip: cut you floor first and lay it in place. Fold far side back 1/2 way and do your glue work. Lay that then fold door side back 1/2 way and finish out.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X