Your favorite night sights for a pistol and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite night sights for a pistol and why

I want to get some night sights for my Glock 17 but not sure which ones to get. I'm torn between the xs Big Dot, Tru Glo TFO, and The Trijicon HD. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

Only the Trijicon. They work.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the tfo but I hear in low light they are hard to see cause they don't outline the fiber optic portion

Comment

I use XS big dots for my glock 19, carry gun. its great for a defensive gun because that big dot really draws your attention and will get you on target fast. but if you're obsessed with accuracy at long distances they might not be for you. but if you need to get on target in a hurry, i really like these sights.

for my glock 22, duty gun, i use trijicon HD's. Same premise with these sights as well. bright colored front sight with no color on the rear, just tritium tubes. it's nice because you get somewhat a traditional sight system, while at the same time the colored front sight draws your focus to the front sight. just a warning, if you're gonna carry inside the waistband with the HD's, the rear sight edges are really sharp. you could maybe file it down around the edges to help with comfort.

hope that helped.

Comment

This thread has perfect timing. I'm looking for a set of night sights for my 23. I'm leaning towards the Dawson Precision charger set. But also interested in the Trijicons. I thought about warren tactical too, but I'm not sure about all the space in the sight picture. Hoping someone on the GS has some experience with some of these sights.

Comment

Check out the vickers combat sights. The rear sight is u shaped to easily pick up the front with a tall skinny front sight. Has really improved my poa/poi

Comment

Trijicon. I dont care for the HD

Comment

I put the Trijicon HD on my Glock 17 and love them. The bright colored larger front sight really makes for quick target acquisition and I am very accurate with them. I wont hesitate to put them on my next pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                  Trijicon. I dont care for the HD
                  I have the regular Trijicon on my Glock 23, and the HD on my 17. I personally prefer the HD. As with most things it will all come down to personal preference

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Wrong forum. We have one for you gun slingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X