Arrow spine selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow spine selection

If I want to buy new arrows for a new bow which spine would you suggest for the following setup?

Hoyt defiant turbo 70@30 in
    56 grain stainless insert and 125gr head. Will be shooting lighted nocks to hunt with. Arrow cut to 30 in.

Can I shoot 300's or do I need to go down to 250's?

I'd say the 250

Comment

I shoot 29/70 and have 185gr up front and shoot 300's that are 29 3/4" from the throat. With your 30" draw you could probably use 300's but I'm thinking they need to be 29" and not 30". If you are set on them being 30" long, you might need to go to 250's.

Comment

With out going to the program. I looked at Easton chart. You need 250 spine.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          With out going to the program. I looked at Easton chart. You need 250 spine.

That sucks, most of the arrows I were looking at went up 2gr from 300 to 250, that's another 60 gr I don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
            That sucks, most of the arrows I were looking at went up 2gr from 300 to 250, that's another 60 gr I don't want.
            Not sure what arrows your looking at.

If you have not look at Carnivors by blackeagle. The 250 spine with 50 gn insert 125 tip lighted knocs and Blazers should put you around. 508. From that bow it will be a great arrow.

I looked at the turbo but could not do the defiant. I haven't updated program. But it showed a 300. Way weak.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              Not sure what arrows your looking at.

If you have not look at Carnivors by blackeagle. The 250 spine with 50 gn insert 125 tip lighted knocs and Blazers should put you around. 508. From that bow it will be a great arrow.

I looked at the turbo but could not do the defiant. I haven't updated program. But it showed a 300. Way weak.
              Plug the .300 spine into your program cut to 28.5 and see if it spines.

Comment

Rocky. It shows a 300 spine at 28.5 weak by .033. It shows optimal spine .2671

Even taking the 50 insert back to 14 gn insert the 300 is weak by .022.

Now it's still a program.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                  If I want to buy new arrows for a new bow which spine would you suggest for the following setup?

Hoyt defiant turbo 70@30 in
                  56 grain stainless insert and 125gr head. Will be shooting lighted nocks to hunt with. Arrow cut to 30 in.

Can I shoot 300's or do I need to go down to 250's?

You'll need to be at 28 on your arrow to use a 300. I shoot 300's with 168 grains up front at 28".

Comment

I'm also in the same dilemma..What easton chart do you guys look at? I Just bought the defiant 30.5" bow and @80lbs with 30" draw the shaft selector on eastons website where you plug the bow specs it's saying I could shoot the axis .300 spine. Arrows cut at 29"..still to weak? Any recommendations appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGunSlinger View Post
                      I'm also in the same dilemma..What easton chart do you guys look at? I Just bought the defiant 30.5" bow and @80lbs with 30" draw the shaft selector on eastons website where you plug the bow specs it's saying I could shoot the axis .300 spine. Arrows cut at 29"..still to weak? Any recommendations appreciated
                      On the line with Easton chart.
                      Attached Files

Comment

300/250. I would go with 250 spine
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGunSlinger View Post

You're gonna need a 250 without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                          X