Looking for a new arrow setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new arrow setup

I am looking to change my arrow set up that I am currently using. Current Specs are
    Gold Tip Hunter XT 300
    29.5" long 100 grain Field tip/broad head
    total weight 418 grains

Shooting out of and Elite Energy 35 30DL 65lb DW

Right now getting about 281 fps

I am looking for something that is a smaller diameter with a lighter shaft so I can play more with the weight up front and that will also fly better in the wind and get longer range out of. Any help would be great. Thanks

Check out the black eagle rampages

Comment

I'm running a Gold Top pro in 340 shaft 30" long with 125 tip and 50 grain screw in weight. I'd screw in 100 grains add a 150 tip and a lumenock

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        I'm running a Gold Top pro in 340 shaft 30" long with 125 tip and 50 grain screw in weight. I'd screw in 100 grains add a 150 tip and a lumenock
        Push not to be rude but dang. That arrow is so under spined.

Comment

What are y'alls thoughts on the Easton hexx with brass inserts and a lumenok or a nockturnal

Comment

You can also get brass inserts for the xt velocities. I have some with brass insert that weigh 464gr and I wanna say its 17 or 18% foc. I have same draw length as you and arrows are 28 1/4".

Comment

ive had good results with easton axis arrows and the 75 gr brass inserts. they are a very tough arrow and if you shop around you can find a dozen fletched for less than $100.

Comment

Often over looked is Long range = straight arrow + consistent weight + square ends.

Black Eagle is making great arrows that will do what you want them to do. http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/

Look at Okiewild custom arrows in Oklahoma. He makes great custom built arrows and can get several different brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                  Often over looked is Long range = straight arrow + consistent weight + square ends.

Black Eagle is making great arrows that will do what you want them to do. http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/

Look at Okiewild custom arrows in Oklahoma. He makes great custom built arrows and can get several different brands.
                  Muddyfuzzy here on Tbh. Builds some great arrows. And he builds blackeagles. And he's here in Texas.

I mean no disrespect. I'm sure okiewild is a good place. But I try to support members on this sight.

Comment

I had Muddy build me some recently. Love them and they hit like a freight train (target only so far).

Comment

As others have said above, check out black eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
                        As others have said above, check out black eagle.
                        I switched from CE Maxima reds to Blackeagles this year, and they aren't even remotely as durable as the Maximas. I'm down to 6 from a full dozen to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          I switched from CE Maxima reds to Blackeagles this year, and they aren't even remotely as durable as the Maximas. I'm down to 6 from a full dozen to start the season.
                          Which black eagles are you shooting. I've only tore up a few of them. One was a Robin the others where in rocky country.

I'm asking what arrows cause one thing people don't look at is wall thickness. A maxima red 350 has a wall thickness of .02775. At 9 gn per inch. A carnivor 350 is .02575 at 8.5. So just in that aspect the maxima would be a little tougher if all products are same material.

This is why that arrows are not the same even though spine can be
                          Last edited by enewman; 12-03-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                            Which black eagles are you shooting. I've only tore up a few of them. One was a Robin the others where in rocky country.

I'm asking what arrows cause one thing people don't look at is wall thickness. A maxima red 350 has a wall thickness of .02775. At 9 gn per inch. A carnivor 350 is .02575 at 8.5. So just in that aspect the maxima would be a little tougher if all products are same material.

This is why that arrows are not the same even though spine can be

What's a Gold Tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              What's a Gold Tips?
                              Push. Look up the arrows you want to look at. Take the outer diameter and inter diameter. And subtract the differenc. Then devide by two.

So Take od .300 subtract id .245 = .055/2=.0275 wall thickness. This was just an example

Comment

Working...
                              X