Destroyer shooters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer shooters...

I'm looking for arrows for a destroyer 340.. maxed limbs out to 73lbs @ 28".. of course, i want the best of both worlds (4000 fps and 1000 KE), but that aint happening...safely.. question is, what arrows do yall use for your setup and what kind of performance are you getting?? thanks in advance

I shoot a 2011 Destroyer 350,but only 60 lbs max(well63#),I think my arrows weigh 376 or so and I'm getting 291 fps,I think thats what the chrono showed at Alvarado Archery...

Comment

Originally posted by XTBrian View Post
      I shoot a 2011 Destroyer 350,but only 60 lbs max(well63#),I think my arrows weigh 376 or so and I'm getting 291 fps,I think thats what the chrono showed at Alvarado Archery...
      what arrow are you using?? thanks!!

Comment

If you are shooting a 100 grain head you'll need atleast a .340 Spine. Lotsa good arrows out there. I like Carbon Express Blue Streaks. If ya dont wanna spend that much I also shoot Beman Speeds.

Comment

I shot FMJ .340 spine at your exact setup. I never chronoed it, but it shot like a charm. Kick myself everytime for getting rid of it. The arrow blew through all 10 animals I shot like I was paper tuning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            If you are shooting a 100 grain head you'll need atleast a .340 Spine. Lotsa good arrows out there. I like Carbon Express Blue Streaks. If ya dont wanna spend that much I also shoot Beman Speeds.
            will be using 100gr if the FOC is there.. thanks!!

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
            I shot FMJ .340 spine at your exact setup. I never chronoed it, but it shot like a charm. Kick myself everytime for getting rid of it. The arrow blew through all 10 animals I shot like I was paper tuning it.
            im not real particular for the FMJ's.. i know, i know, i just demoted myself. Thanks!!

Comment

I have same bow and shoot beeman ics hunters with 100gr never chrono'd it though. Shoots good and cant see arrow in flight without lighted nock.

Comment

What FOC are you lookin for? Cuz 100 grains and a standard insert is not gonna be that high.

Comment

would like to be in the 12+ area.

Comment

I shoot 30" draw and 72# bottomed out. Shoot an Easton Flatline 340. Chronos at 333-334. Shoots like a dream. Has blew through every deer I've shot.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                      would like to be in the 12+ area.
                      100 aint gonna get it. Im shootin a Beman Speed with a 125 and im right at 13%

Comment

Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post
                        I shoot 30" draw and 72# bottomed out. Shoot an Easton Flatline 340. Chronos at 333-334. Shoots like a dream. Has blew through every deer I've shot.
                        I am so jealous of you 30" draw fellers!!!!!

Comment

I'm right at 11 percent. It helps that I don't wrap my arrows. I had pass through on a doe last year at 67 yards. I also paper tune my bow out to 70 yards to see how it is flying at what distances. It depends greatly on how far you're planning on shooting before you need to consider foc as a primary indicator in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post
                            I'm right at 11 percent. It helps that I don't wrap my arrows. I had pass through on a doe last year at 67 yards. I also paper tune my bow out to 70 yards to see how it is flying at what distances. It depends greatly on how far you're planning on shooting before you need to consider foc as a primary indicator in my opinion.
                            Im 13 with a wrap and nocturnal. And correct that has to be added in. At whitetail ranges and whitetails themselve a Destroyer set at 45 pounds and an 85 grain head is most likley gonna blow thru dang near all of em. Much less what you shoot and what the op is gonna shoot.

Comment

messing the the OT2 program and ive got it down to three arrows of choice.. here is specs for all, tell me which yall think is better.

Easton Bloodline 330, 7.7gpi, 27.75", 100g head
                              293FPS, 5.37g/lb, 13.19FOC, 75.17KE

Beman ICS Speed 340, 27.75", 85g head
                              306FPS, 4.89g/lb, 12.24FOC, 74.20KE

GT Velocity Hunter 300, 27.75", 125g head (just a tad stiff)
                              291FPS, 5.48g/lb, 14.94FOC, 75.27KE

Comment

Working...
                              X