Which bino harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which bino harness?

Ok, first off. The main thing I'm looking for in a binocular harness is that it will keep my binos tight against my chest if I have to get down low and stalk. I don't want them bouncing up and down and slapping me in the face. Also, I think I've decided that I want an "open" harness rather than a "pouch" style.
    So, with that being said, these are the 2 I'm looking at now:

Badlands:

Nimrod:

Bino-topia binocular suspender N-9, certainly the premier product to comfortably sport your optics! The "No Bounce Bino Suspender" your optics stay where you put them! CUSTOMER COMMENTS: Rich-Eastern Oregon " I initially purchased the Bino-Topia system because I was looking for all the things it had to offer. I have had them in service for

I see Bushnell and Butler Creek also make similar ones, but the 2 I linked seem to have better reviews and be better quality.

Has anyone had any field experience with either of these 2?

local academy - 16.99

Comment

That's the one I'm trying to avoid if it's the one I'm thinking of.. The Crooked Horn style ones are way too bouncy and elastically for what I want to do..

Comment

I use the red head harness, only cause it was 30 bucks cheaper then the other. It works good for me. I use a light pair of binos and hook my range finder to them and it doesnt bounce to much. They make some that have a compartment they stay in on your chest, but way to expensive for me and not sure what brand it was

Comment

Watching this. My binos are heavy (8x50 Leica's). The Redhead harness I've had for years is so stretched out it no longer holds them tight to my chest when I walk. I think the Badlands design looks good with the wide shoulder straps. Any own one that can give us a review?

Comment

I've got the Redhead camo harness from Bass Pro. It works fine for me, and was only $20.

Comment

I take my binos off when Im in the stand, cause im always worried about bumping my bow on them. If I was going to wear them through out the whole hunt I would make sure they sit in a compartment that attaches to the harness. I tend to keep them on in a ground blind cause Im not standing up. I hear good things about badlands, but there are many cheaper ones to choose from.

Comment

Truthfully, price doesnt matter to me..

If it costs $17-$20 for a decent one or $30 for the best one, I'll spend the extra $10-$15.. $10 is splitting hairs at this point.. I will look into the Redhead though since I didn't know they made one and have had good luck with Redhead gear in the past..

So back to the original post, anyone use either of these 2?

Comment

Think I've decided on the Nimrods.. Have never heard one bad thing about them, only good.. At $27, that's not too bad

Comment

Hands down the best I've used. The quick release has been great

Comment

I like my OP/TECH. It has quick release buckles so I can take the binos off when I'm sitting in the stand.

Comment

The best is www.fhfgear.com

All handmade here in the good ol USA

Comment

Jerp: I have the same ones and experienced the same thing. I went with the badlands. Also nice when it is raining or misting, I don't have to keep wiping them when I am stalking.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                            Jerp: I have the same ones and experienced the same thing. I went with the badlands. Also nice when it is raining or misting, I don't have to keep wiping them when I am stalking.
                            Thanks - gonna have to order one

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              The best is www.fhfgear.com

All handmade here in the good ol USA
                              that looks like an awesome system...

Comment

Working...
                              X